Beginners and Beyond

Ten best dog breeds for runners (Read 99 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Those pics are adorable

This was back in March 2012

I never thought to get a good picture of her with Dorian, but here is one of her and Rocky around that same time, same rock.

This one was taken the day before her passing, Rocky and Dorian

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Damn it, people. Don't make me want to adopt a dog! Your pictures are just too nice!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Adopt a dog, save a life! Smile

Damn it, people. Don't make me want to adopt a dog! Your pictures are just too nice!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Dad on the run.

Molly was a beautiful dog. Rocky is a handsome looking fella as well Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks, DH found Rocky roaming an auction site when he was just 7-8 weeks old, we've had him ever since.

Molly was a beautiful dog. Rocky is a handsome looking fella as well Smile

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Phil took Bloo for a 1 mile run once.  He thought she enjoyed it but next time she refused to go.  HEH.

Tell him to tape a stuffed rabbit to his butt and run in front of her.  She'll go... Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Tell him to tape a stuffed rabbit to his butt and run in front of her.  She'll go... Wink

once she realized that she doesn't get rewarded for chasing small furry things, she stopped.  Now maybe if he taped cookies to his butt.......

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

Love the Half

That's pretty accurate as far as my beagle is concerned. When she was younger, she was fine with anything up to about five miles but would just lay down after that and refuse to move. Now she's just old and fat.

We have a race in our area called the "Dirty Dog 15K."  It is a bitchin' hard trail race that involves a ridiculous amount of steep climbing.  You are allowed to bring your dog with you and the best part is at stream crossings when you see these dead ass serious runners brought to a screeching halt by a dog who insists that NOW is the time for a good long drink.  Big grin

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

sheepla

I do almost all my runs with my German Shepherd.  There are several dog friendly 5ks in the area and she loves to race.  Our local turkey trot even has a dog/owner award category.  Never taken her on a run more than 8 miles and I have to plan routes around water fountains in the summer but she hates to be left behind.  If I'm going running without her, I have to sneak out of the house so she doesn't see my running shoes.

Of course, my fast runs are just fast walks for her.