Beginners and Beyond

Should I Sundailies (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  18 miles done.  In this:

Last 3 on the TM so LRB wouldn't die.  It was a great run, just super slow due to the 80 dewpoint for most of the run.  Still, one of my best felt runs.  I could have done 20-22 miles today, it felt so good.

Damaris

LRB

Geezus!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Last 3 on the TM so LRB wouldn't die.  It was a great run, just super slow due to the 80 dewpoint for most of the run.  Still, one of my best felt runs.  I could have done 20-22 miles today, it felt so good.

Yeah..... I wouldn't survive down in Florida, or at least I would never have become a runner down there lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I am headed off to the movies here in a bit to see The November Man, Pierce Brosnan's new flick.  It is not getting great reviews but I like spy movies and it has been forever since I had some yummy pizza and wine so I am actually looking forward to it.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice 3-day weekend, which started Thursday night when Gail and I attended the UTSA-U. of Arizona Football game. Our team lost, but they made a good showing.

• Friday, nice run/walk in the morning at Lackland Air Force Base.   3.5 miles done.
            • Saturday, nice run/walk at one of my favorite local parks.  Annoying that I forgot my headset - I much prefer to run WITH my music...especially so I don't have to hear myself breathing when I run, I sound like a fat ole bulldog, lol.  Still, I got my miles in and managed to enjoy myself.  Encountered several friends too that were out in the park.   3 miles done.   Watched football and most of  the teams I rooted for won:  Virginia Tech managed to hold on to beat Ohio State (yay!), both the Spartans and the Wolverines lost (DOUBLE-yay!)...Nebraska won  (boo!), but McNeese State gave them a helluva time..enjoyable watching the Nebraska fans in shock for most of the game as this tinly little university held its own, even had the lead for a while ;  and Texas Longhorns got creamed by BYU ().
            • Sunday, run/walk, on the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Love running down there on Sunday mornings, none of the 'touristy places" really get going on Sunday until about 10 a.m., so it's pretty much only walkers, runners, and cyclists.  Very peaceful running by the river on a quiet Sunday morning.   4.5 miles done.   Funny, too, there must've been about 10 runners or so I encountered that called out a friendly "Scottydog!" as we passed each other.   I knew a few of them personally, but some I did not know at all...they apparently know me from my local race reports blog, lol.   I returned every greeting I got with friendly wave and greeting of my own. Always nice to make new friends!   So..the rest of the day will now be for NFL football - I really have been a lazy dog this weekend, lol.    Only dilemma I have - my hometown Redskins are playing the Houston Texans and I am a fan of both teams.  Gotta go with the Redskins..that's the team I grew up with.   That's okay...I still have the Damn Dallas Cowboy to cheer against. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am headed off to the movies here in a bit to see The November Man, Pierce Brosnan's new flick.  It is not getting great reviews but I like spy movies and it has been forever since I had some yummy pizza and wine so I am actually looking forward to it.

We liked it.

we are on our way to watch The Giver because we never went to see it.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Let me know how it is, I'm interested in that one too.  Also, I want to see the one with Denzel Washington that is coming out this month.

Critics and reviews..what the hell do they know?  I look at the ticket sales review and if the 'general population' finds it entertaining, then that's that...screw what the critics think.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My San Antonio weather this morning on the Riverwalk, Damaris:   73 degrees, dewpoint of 68, humidity 82 percent (storms threatening)...cloudy and overcast with a nice breeze blowing....it actually felt quite nice by the water.  Neener neener neener!    Only big problem - which does not affect me since I don't have asthma, allergies, etc - mold count up to over  1,000 yesterday.  Not a good "quality air day" for those with problems.

Come visit anytime to escape your heat, our temps are starting to cool down now.

Seriously, Damaris...congrats on your miles in your CRAZY weather.  Watching the weather channel last night after football...and then this morning.  Flippin' WOW!   The air where you are must be thicker than Jackie Gleason's sweat glands were on a hot day.  The devil must have a residence in your state...

Cyberic

It was 53F when I started my run this morning, and when I finished it was a tire melting 63F Big grin

Ric-G

5 miles done this AM...it's hot out there...glad it's over...have a good day all.

marathon pr - 3:16

Zelanie

Morning!  It is still way too hot here- it got up to 97 yesterday.  Ran my 10 after dark when it was nice and cool, though.  I did get a random high-five from a drunk on the way out, and then passed him again on the way back for another.  Then in my last mile, I got a shout out from some kids who were hanging out in the street after dark.  At this point, I'll take whatever cheering section I can get! Got a random cramp in what google tells me was my vastus medialis after I got home though.  Ouch!  That's the same muscle that was involved in my knee thing last year, but this was on the other side.  So I'll need to pay attention to that and make sure it was just a one-time thing.

One thing I might want to consider for future marathons is that peak training is hitting right when peak "work stress" is hitting as well.  Maybe not the smartest combo.  I have 10 on the schedule for today.  This coming weak is peak miles, though!  Then I get to ramp back down. 

FS- Glad you got your 18 in.  Hopefully you have time for a nap today!

Jay- Have a good 16!  I hate to think about how fast your "shuffle" from Friday was compared to us mortals.  (Yikes- I looked it up, you weren't kidding!  I would have been able to keep up!)  Glad yesterday was better.

Dave- Hope you feel better after the recovery run!

Step- Glad to hear some good running news from you. 

LRB- Hope you've got that next massage scheduled!

Eric- Luckily, the difference between 4:30 and 4:36 is only about 2 minutes.  And on race day, you will have race day magic working in your favor, and hopefully people to pace off of.  I think you've got it made in the shade.

Sly- Morning!

D- Fantastic run!  Glad things are coming together for you. Smile

Scotty- Sounds like a great weekend for you- lots of running and lots of football!

Ric- Glad you got up and out already!

LRB

Let me know how it is, I'm interested in that one too.  Also, I want to see the one with Denzel Washington that is coming out this month.

Critics and reviews..what the hell do they know?  I look at the ticket sales review and if the 'general population' finds it entertaining, then that's that...screw what the critics think.

I just like to get a general idea of a movie.  Most of the ones that rate poorly I love and some of the ones that are critically acclaimed I hate.  lol

happylily

A measly 81F for me today. I had a good 18 miler @ 8:19 pace, no break. Adjusted to the temperature equivalence calculator, it was close to 8:00 mpm in effort.  And yes it is still humid where I am... Good week overall, 75 miles and I hit all the right paces, while having my worst week of the month. Women are all destined to sainthood the way we are made to suffer such crap...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just like to get a general idea of a movie.  Most of the ones that rate poorly I love and  some of the ones that are critically acclaimed I hate.  lol

Same with me.  I am looking forward to the Denzel one.

No movie for us. They removed the 1150am movie because people are using the theater as a church.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A measly 81F for me today. I had a good 18 miler @ 8:19 pace, no break. Adjusted to the temperature equivalence calculator, it was close to 8:00 mpm in effort.  And yes it is still humid where I am... Good week overall, 75 miles and I hit all the right paces, while having my worst week of the month. Women are all destined to sainthood the way we are made to suffer such crap...

Nice miles!

Damaris