Beginners and Beyond

Clearwater HM RR - long even for me (Read 75 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Short version: 2:21:30 chip time - pleased!

Link to RW post for full RR.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Nevrgivup

Congrats on the race George! Thanks for sharing and it seems like a well controlled race for you. Happy to hear the medical staff were nice to you. Pastries at the med tent. Yum.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, George.  It was a pleasure meeting you.  Are we both coming back for the 50K next year? 

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Just finished reading it. Nice race, George!

That bridge at the end reminds me of the Gate River Run 15k in Jacksonville. It also has a tallish bridge in the last mile of the race.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

happylily

That wasn't long at all! It was just perfect. I loved your account of the race and your description of how you felt the whole time. You always have the best words to describe exactly what is happening and you make a clear analysis of the whole thing when it's done. How you do that, I have no idea. My memories of my races are usually just one big blurry mess.

Huge congratulations, George! Strong performance! And a negative split and a sprint at the end, wow... quite impressive. That's something rare in my world. :-) And I'm sure your finish line pictures are not terrible. On the contrary, there is something quite noble and admirable in the face of a runner willing to push himself in those last moments. I wish you had some pictures for us, of the race, of your trip to Florida and of the FE. So nice what Christian did at the end. But then I'm not surprised, he's the son of Lara. I'm glad you got to meet those good people, and I envy them for having the honor to meet with you! I can't wait to read about your next races, good luck in your training!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The official race photos are too expensive for my tastes, but you should hopefully be able to see them here. There are a total of 10, 8 on the first page and two more from mid-race on the second page.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

May I say this, in a most respectable manner, of course:  Holy mackerel! If I have legs like yours when I'm your age, I'm never quitting the sport! That will be my #1 incentive!  Too bad you are not buying any of them. The last two of you out on the course are great and so are the finish line ones. You show such perfect form as you are stopping your garmin!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The official race photos are too expensive for my tastes, but you should hopefully be able to see them here. There are a total of 10, 8 on the first page and two more from mid-race on the second page.

At least there were two free ones from the FB link someone posted (the one I tagged to your timeline in FB).  I loved mine too but I am not buying them.

Damaris

LRB

Mac Donald's pancakes are actually pretty tasty, and convenient.  I eat them when carb-loading.

I think it is cool that you have found renewed vigor towards racing, congrats and continued success in your running endeavors!

MothAudio

I replied in the other thread but just wanted to comment about the finishline photos. Considering your description of the end of the course those photos really illustrate what kind of runner you are.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Supersono99

Congrats on tackling those bridges, especially in the last mile, without walking! I knew you'd be laughing at the people dressed like it was 20 below! It was very nice to meet you on Saturday. Thank you for sharing your RR.

SheCan

Congratulations, George, it sounds like you're doing great.  I thought the pictures were really nice, and you're a lot better at maintaining your form when you get tired, then some of us are.  Looking forward to seeing how your 12 hour ultra goes-- crazy!   The man who was about to quit running a couple of years ago is now running all these ultras....

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Congratulations!  Great report, and those finishing photos really say a lot. Smile  It's so hard to find the motivation to really hammer it home at the end of a race when the legs are tired, and you really finished strong!