Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 38 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 and weights if I can breathe tonight.

We found out what the asthma flare up was.  I got a "new" bookcase from the courthouse on Friday afternoon, as my mentor did.  Him and I have been sick with asthma ever since.  His have mold; mine have something.  They are removing mine today.  Hoping this is the end of it.  Fuck.

Good luck, D2!

Lily, I would not worry.  The mind also gets tired and it needs a break.  A week off won't hurt your endurance.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning!  I have 6 and weights if I can breathe tonight.

We found out what the asthma flare up was.  I got a "new" bookcase from the courthouse on Friday afternoon, as my mentor did.  Him and I have been sick with asthma ever since.  His have mold; mine have something.  They are removing mine today.  Hoping this is the end of it.  Fuck.

Good luck, D2!

Lily, I would not worry.  The mind also gets tired and it needs a break.  A week off won't hurt your endurance.

I (and most definitely everybody else on here) hope that was the problem and you get to feeling better real quick once it's gone! I sure as hell wouldn't want you to have to quit running, or cut back on your distance races.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Well I did not run yesterday and I'm starting to worry. I have skipped half of my runs since NYC. Nothing is wrong physically, it's a mental thing. grrr... I'll be in Merida, Mexico, in two weeks and there is a half there that I would like to do. According to last year's results, I would have a chance at first place AG (out of about 100). But if I can't resume normal training, then I'll have to forget about it.

Hoping that I'll want to run tonight, the number of miles doesn't matter...

Have a great day everyone!

You need a break. Take one. You'll be fine for your half. 2 weeks of "training" will make no difference and you probably need the recovery more.

onemile

I took today off because I can since I am not training for anything. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I (and most definitely everybody else on here) hope that was the problem and you get to feeling better real quick once it's gone! I sure as hell wouldn't want you to have to quit running, or cut back on your distance races.

Awww, thanks.

Damaris

Zelanie

Go, Dave!

Hugs for Lily and Docket.

Planning on 8 this evening.  If it's still 33 and raining I think it will be a TM run.

LRB

I took today off because I can since I am not training for anything.   

FYP

It's wonderful thing!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

D2: Good luck.

DD2 has a rare Friday night swim meet (which continues tomorrow) so in between her events I am going to do a "Daniels" type workout on the track at the high school where the swim meet is. She has something like 80 minutes between two events so that will give me enough time to run. I will probably do something like a 20-25 minute threshold run with a warm up and cool down for 6-7 miles total. I might do a 5k next week and I have no idea what my pace should/could be at this point.

Have a good Friday night and better weekend.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me.  Will be picking up my packet after work for my 5K tomorrow morning.

Went to the football game last night, so am kind of dragging today at work.  My university team is doing terrible this year -   a record now of 3-7 and we're down to our 3rd string quarterback, the first 2 being injured early in the year - but we managed to eke out a win, but it was a SLOW darn game and pretty boring, no real offense.  We only had 4 field goals and won the game in the last 5 seconds with a field goal, final score, 12 - 10.  Sheesh.  The funny part was the party before the game.  The temp here yesterday dropped like a lead balloon going down.  So at the tailgate party it was around 39 degrees.  We were under some shelter and had some heaters in the pavilion but could still fee the cold somewhat.  So there we are in our hats and gloves and holding drinking our cold beers with our gloved hands, lol.   This game was also "Military Appreciation Day", to there was a really nice ceremony recognizing all active duty and retired folks - of which I was one, being retired Air Force - and a really nice half-time show where a Wounded Warrior Veteran was presented a key to his brand-new house -  donated to him and his family by a local credit union, so no mortgage payments - that will accommodate his disabilities received in Afghanistan - and he was thanked for his service with a standing ovation and I don't think there was a dry eye in the stadium when that was going on - and then there was a very nice presentation by the university band while a giant American flag was unfolded across the whole football field byt the university ROTC folks, pretty cool. Half-time was the most un-boring part of the whole game.  After the game I saw more people shaking the hands of the band members and the ROTC folks than the players, pretty funny and, at the same time, also sad.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Baboon

delicate flower

The temp here yesterday dropped like a lead balloon going down.  So at the tailgate party it was around 39 degrees.  We were under some shelter and had some heaters in the pavilion but could still fee the cold somewhat.  So there we are in our hats and gloves and holding drinking our cold beers with our gloved hands, lol.  

That is so cute.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hats and gloves, scotty?  Is it 65F?

Damaris

happylily

Zelanie, thank you!  And onemile, LRB and D., as well. It helps a lot that you guys can relate. I feel less like a slacker.

Dave, good luck tomorrow! You will so kill it!!!

D., hopefully you found the cause. Mold? Sounds disgusting.

Scotty, you Texans are so delicate.

Have we lost Basya again? I hope her health is good and that she's just been too busy for us lately.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hiya funky people

10.2 for me this am

Marjorie

LRB

I might do a 5k next week and I have no idea what my pace should/could be at this point.

Throw pacing out the window and try to implode your lungs! lol

Good luck to the kid!

LRB

Hiya funky people

10.2 for me this am

Sup!  You still on the road?