Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm almost done with dinner, calm down!

I ran 6 and they were fast.  Who can understand my loins?

Damaris

LRB

Sorry, didn't mean to say your suggestion was a bad one at all. I agree with not knowing the real "cure" though. my did find out for sure my shoes were triggering it, but it was always there. You did myrtl, right?

We're good J.

The thing about injuries and what makes the forums such a resource is that we put it all out there.  That leaves the info for any and everyone to sift through and hopefully find that one thing of many that provides an answer for them.

I did not do any myrtle exercises for my ignorant band, I did those for my hip problem last winter.  I basically could not stand on one leg without teetering when I had the ITB issue, so all I really did was started standing on each leg separately as much as I could throughout the day.

Between my three major setbacks, I have taken something learned from each and created a core, stretching and myrtle routine that hopefully will keep me on the road for good.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Jimmy..... the Strength Running and Myrtl exercises plus core (planking mostly) I honestly think may have been the biggest help to my IT band issues. But I also took time off..... running through it only made it worse. I realize that it is different for every person though. I did a lot of things to try to help it so it is so hard to know if it was one thing or a combination. All I know is it bothered me for almost 5 months, and then finally it didn't, so I like to share what I did in hopes it helps someone else.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

ncd

10 miles with 10x(2min at 5K pace, 2min easy) down in the burbs.

Jess runs for bacon

I'm almost done with dinner, calm down!

I ran 6 and they were fast.  Who can understand my loins?

There's a joke here, but I am scared you will hit me. Yay for good run!

LRB you just reminded me that my ortho said the same thing about balance. I should do that. Just for fun.

oh I had a rest day and drank some wine.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Couldn't sleep so Rocky and I ran our 5.7 miles tonight, ending October with 104 miles. We met a Dobie along the route, you cannot mistake a Doberman Pinscher's shadow for anything else, thankfully this big, beautiful boy was friendly.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)