Beginners and Beyond

On the road again FriDAILIES (Read 39 times)

Cyberic

You're talking about Henderson, Ky right? 

Actually I have no clue where Evansville is, or the parks around it. I was just noticing you seem to run a lot in the wild. Smile

I live IN Montreal, so I run on sidewalks, city parks and bike/padestrian paths pretty much all the time.

Rick - crap on the sidewalk!  There is a Caddy completely buried in the roadside plowings in front of my work.  The worst areas received over 90 inches all told.   (The creamsicle colored wiper stuff is where it's at.  That shit does not freeze.)

Cy - sweet shoes, let me know how you like those.  I've been eyeing them for a long time on the Warehouse, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Boon - 26.2 at GMP!  Doooo eeeeeet.

Lauren - hi, busy busy.

D - Weights.  Hans and Franz should come here and shovel to pump up.

Free - Audubon, the bird guy.  A flock of Snow Geese flew over yesterday morning, something I've never seen before.  Plenty of Canada Geese, but the Snows sure knew when to make an appropriate appearance.

onemile - yuck, stay warm

OOTB - mmm, beer tasting

Lily - The Yucatan!  *swoon*

Jack - mudslides, fires, Santa Ana, drought, hippies... I guess snow isn't *that* bad.  Be safe.

Scotty - your park needs some wolves to keep those deer in check.

D - master of puppets, lol

Sly - hola

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I rarely get to run these trails sadly - Audubon opens at 7 AM, I've got to be back at my house by 7 AM, and it closes at dusk. With winter and it getting dark fast, that's around 5 PM. I was lucky that my sister was able to watch my son at 4 PM, but normally my mom watches him if I run in the afternoon and she doesn't get off until 4:30 PM. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to move the hilly trail run to Sunday after my LR and make it a hike/run. It's a great training/work out for preparing you for trail races like marathons and ultras with elevation gains of over 2,000 feet.

Yes, Audubon was the bird guy lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

URD - Surrender flag flying.  So done with Snowvember.

14 hours at work by myself, since no one else "can get here". 

One more night stuck here.  Tomorrow will be the day of driving home, digging out the driveway, and resupplying Si with food and cuddles as the sun shines and the thermometer climbs above freezing.  Roads will be passable.  Running will happen.

--

Congratulations.  You've just picked up four cans of an award winning, classic American wheat ale.  And that might be all you need to know, except that these four cans of ale may represent something rather important to you and your mental well-being.  Because these four cans represent the color and scent of a sunny afternoon.  These cans say "Goodbye, rain -- or clouds -- or snow.  Hello, suntan lotion."  Or something like that.  It kind of depends on what sort of mood you're in and where you are.  The point is, regardless of what trained meteorologists and calendar makers say, the four pack you now hold in your hands says one thing quite loudly and clearly.  The sun is here.

-- Bell's Oberon packagage

(my bolding)

Damn man that sucks....the being stranded at work part that is, not the brew.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

URD - Surrender flag flying.  So done with Snowvember.

14 hours at work by myself, since no one else "can get here". 

One more night stuck here.  Tomorrow will be the day of driving home, digging out the driveway, and resupplying Si with food and cuddles as the sun shines and the thermometer climbs above freezing.  Roads will be passable.  Running will happen.

--

Congratulations.  You've just picked up four cans of an award winning, classic American wheat ale.  And that might be all you need to know, except that these four cans of ale may represent something rather important to you and your mental well-being.  Because these four cans represent the color and scent of a sunny afternoon.  These cans say "Goodbye, rain -- or clouds -- or snow.  Hello, suntan lotion."  Or something like that.  It kind of depends on what sort of mood you're in and where you are.  The point is, regardless of what trained meteorologists and calendar makers say, the four pack you now hold in your hands says one thing quite loudly and clearly.  The sun is here.

-- Bell's Oberon packagage

(my bolding)

Hope you get home soon!

Damaris