Beginners and Beyond

Sauntering Thursday Penguins (Read 25 times)

obiebyke

Smile Glad I could help you feel better. Chin up.

Thanks, Scotty.  It was just one of those runs that was really hard and I was thinking I SHOULD be faster/better than this, why so hard, etc. etc.  But then as soon as I posted I saw Obie post about her 5k time and I realized that maybe last night was hard, BUT I know I'm improving every day, week, month...I can see the numbers.  So I already feel a little better. Smile

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My boss has done it, and I hear really, really good things about it as a race, the course, and the organization.  Plus there's strawberry shortcake afterwards.

Scotty- Great run!  Glad that you were able to enjoy it!  I was thinking yesterday how great it was that you find ways to get out there and enjoy every run, whether it's the butterflies, or the riverwalk, or the zoo.  Nice!

Ooh, strawberry shortcake?  Sweet!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The way our weather is these days, it should be "Sauna-ing Day' for us!    Hope your saunter went well, PAD!

I WISH we had 60 dewpoints, Jerry.  I bet Damaris would kill for a 60 dewpoint!    Good luck with your 5 miles!   Umm, yeah, Jerry, Juneteenth may have started in Texas but, sadly, it certainly was not the Texans' idea to celebrate it.  I always thought it kind of ironic that Texas became a slave state after winning their independence in 1836 from Mexico, a country that outlawed slavery.

"Juneteenth is the oldest known celebration commemorating the ending of slavery in the United States. Dating back to 1865, it was on June 19th that the Union soldiers, led by Major General Gordon Granger, landed at Galveston, Texas with news that the war had ended and that the enslaved were now free. Note that this was two and a half years after President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation - which had become official January 1, 1863. The Emancipation Proclamation had little impact on the Texans due to the minimal number of Union troops to enforce the new Executive Order. However, with the surrender of General Lee in April of 1865, and the arrival of General Granger’s regiment, the forces were finally strong enough to influence and overcome the resistance.

Nice that you have a shower at work, Phillie, very convenient!

Congrats on your miles, Damaris, apparently your lungs are behaving.   Hope they get your car done quickly.

Two days left, right Zelanie?  And then you are off to Costa Rica.   All packed and ready to go!   Gail always thinks it's funny that when we take a trip, I always have all my stuff packed and ready about 3 days before we actually leave.

Where are you obiebyke?  I saw flooding video of places last night on Weather Channel - I think they were showing someplace in Missouri -  it looked pretty bad.   Stay safe!

Yeap, we only get 60 dewpoint, if at all, in Winter.

Damaris

PADRunner

The way our weather is these days, it should be "Sauna-ing Day' for us!    Hope your saunter went well, PAD!

I was thinking of amending it after my 3. 75f 75h 70dp

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

I ran a 6 mile tempo run this morning to beat the heat. I ran a mile warm up and did a 20 minute push at a 7:02 pace and a cool down. I am running a 5k on Saturday and have no idea what time to try for. I suppose I will just run all out and see what happens. I am still getting used to the speed work after months and months of marathon training. Ok. Shower time and then more World Cup.

Have a good day.

Philliefan33

Jack -- hearing about how you spend your days lately makes me wish I were a teacher.  But then I remember I have little patience with bratty kids and would probably swat one and end up in jail.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack -- hearing about how you spend your days lately makes me wish I were a teacher.  But then I remember I have little patience with bratty kids and would probably swat one and end up in jail.

Lol, PF! I'm pretty patient and know how to deal with them but I do earn days like these.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

Damaris

SheCan

I think I'll saunter out for a few as soon as I'm caffeinated.

LOL PAD-- I think this is a lovely way to live. Of course then again, I'm my own boss.

Jerry-- Yay@ it's cooled off a bit.  Hope y'all have a great saunter!

Margo-- ohoh, your weather sounds fantastic.  I don't mind sweating when it's 70*.   (LMAO @ your comment about smacking the bratty kids.  I'd probably do that, too!)

Zelanie-  Nice that you had such a successful tempo run.  Its hard for me to see how you could ever be unsure of yourself.  Yum@ after race strawberry shortcake.  I think that sound be standard post-race fare.

Docket-- great job on the 10.  How you'll have energy for a whole new workout this evening, is beyond me.  Good luck and cool weather to you!

Scotty-- good for you for getting up early enough to get your run in.  I wish I had that much discipline.  Last night sounds fun, as does everything about San Antonio.  Maybe though, there's just this "happy bubble" around you, that makes everything in your path funner?

obie-- that's awesome about  beating such a long standing PR!   Enjoy your rest day.

Brilliant-- taking a day off after a discouraging one, sometimes does help.  You enjoy your rest day also.

Jack-- I'm sure you'll do fantastic in your 5k this weekend.  You're so naturally speedy.  Do you plan on taking a day off beforehand or are you going to continue your streak before the race?

I was having a bit of MCL pain last night and this morning, so I'm thinking I'll take it easy today.  I did some upper body, weight training and may end up riding the stationary bike.  After not running so long, I just want to jump right back into the running miles, and I know that's probably not a super good idea.  I'm just going to have to practice a bit of patience, I guess.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

SheCan

okay, 6.6 miles on stationary bike with high resistance.  Then the sun went behind a cloud and I couldn't resist.  Even though it was about 92* I still ended up with 2.5 running miles.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Had to wear a jacket this morning and even turned on the heat in the car.  When I came home it was sunny and the 65DP seemed nice enough for our 5, but forgot to check the radar.  A teeny little storm popped up and caught us on the last mile, although the sun stayed out the whole time.  After about 4 miles we got to a clearing and I told DW that there's a few raindrops on the pavement.   She says "i think that is sweat".  About a minute later were totally soaked and that was when we were in the woods.  Had to dodge a lot of bikers who were hiding underneath the trees on the bike path.  Needless to say our last mile was a minute faster than the first 4.   And that was with really heavy feet.  DW asks "was that was a Scotty run"?  lol

I need a shower and a beer.

hog4life

12 miles done in 93 degrees, yuck! I hate this summer time crappy weather.

Hey everyone, I'm reading all the posts, just working nights so not getting to be social. .