Beginners and Beyond

Insomnia thursdailies (Read 41 times)

Hip Redux

Really? I'm disappointed then...  So no punkish look? :-(

Well, you might have called me that back in the day, but I'm pretty vanilla now.  I do have a tattoo though, so you don't have t be totally disappointed.

happylily

Well, you might have called me that back in the day, but I'm pretty vanilla now.  I do have a tattoo though, so you don't have t be totally disappointed.

So Dave and Babs got a private showing of the tat, but not us? That's totally unfair... What do they have that we don't have, aside from a multitude of very white teeth?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice, Oski.

So, after this lady killed me during Pilates, I did 8 miles in 95F and 74 dewpoint.  No wonder I was slow, especially since there is no shade in my neighborhood.

Damaris

LRB

No tats, but I had five piercings at one time.  Three of which were in my ear.  

LRB

So, after this lady killed me during Pilates, I did 8 miles in 95F and 74 dewpoint.  No wonder I was slow, especially since there is no shade in my neighborhood.

It' a wonder you're not dead.  Get your ass on the belt! 

happylily

+1!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's not that hot yet.  Pretty soon we will have three or four months in the 100s, there is still time. 

Damaris

LRB

It's not that hot yet.  Pretty soon we will have three or four months in the 100s, there is still time. 

Well you obviously like it so knock yourself out.  I wouldn't take a single step in the shit though.  Riding my bike in it however, is a different story.

LRB

I am about as high as I am gonna get.

Looks like I am going to end my day the way I started it. Hiccup.  

B-Plus

7 w/ 3 @ hmp is the goal.

Target pace ~ 6:24. Actuals:  6:32, 6:26, 6:26. That feels more like 10k pace at this point. It sucked, but I'll take it.

Hip Redux

Sorry, I've met you so I have tell the truth, that photo is you. Don't you remember wearing that top to the restaurant so you could show off your tats? (That's tats, with an "a" like in tattoos, just to be clear.)

LRB

Target pace ~ 6:24. Actuals:  6:32, 6:26, 6:26. That feels more like 10k pace at this point. It sucked, but I'll take it.

Nice!  Let me know what works so if and when I get there I will have it a little easier.  lol

I would like to run a 6:30 but am totally not in shape for that.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well you obviously like it so knock yourself out.  I wouldn't take a single step in the shit though.  Riding my bike in it however, is a different story.

LOL. I would be running on the TM all year long if that was the case. And no, I don't like it but the TM feels worse up to these temps so outside is winning unless I do intervals.

Damaris

B-Plus

Nice!  Let me know what works so if and when I get there I will have it a little easier.  lol

I would like to run a 6:30 but am totally not in shape for that.

I can see you hitting sub-40 in the 10k. You already know how to get there. Just keep training smart!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

+1

End of July and August our traditionally our hottest months, so I still got a little bit of time too to do some after work running.  Plus, unlike Damaris' Miami....we don't have the humidity or dewpoint she has during our hot times.  When our temps are in the 90s, humidity levels for us are usually around 50 percent or lower and the dew-point is usually under 65.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt