Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 19 times)

DavePNW

Spontaneous decision at 7:00 last night to sign up for an 8k race this morning. It’s my usual running group LR meetup morning, but I think more of them are going to be at this race than at the meetup. I have never raced an 8k and have no idea of a goal time. I can plug it into the race predictors, but (1) I’m not really in racing shape right now, (2) I did a hard workout on Wednesday having no idea I was going to do this race, and (3) I plan to do an extra long warmup to make sort of a LR day out of it anyway. I might just make it basically a tempo/HMP run. Regardless—automatic PR!

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Good luck, Dave!!

I've got an easy 30 minute bike ride to do today.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 3 with strides. Still undecided about the race tomorrow as the forecast still shows orange for today (it hasn't happened, though).

Damaris

10, insanely steamy in the woods, really slow but a fraction less slow than my first 10 last Sunday

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Temperature wasn't too bad this morning but it sure was humid. I managed 10k in it.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Dave - good luck with the almost-5-miler.

Baboon - go get it tomorrow!

DR - I hope the AQ allows you to race tomorrow.

I did a ParkRun today in very steamy conditions (temp of 70º with DP of 68º ) and managed to stay sub-26 with a 25:53.  Was 16th after ½ mile and finished 12/55 overall and 1/3 in AG.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

sdWhiskers

10 miles along the coast. I parked my car then ran to Kid's baseball game. Stayed mostly cloudy with minimal sun, thankfully.

Good luck tomorrow Baboon!!

DavePNW

Ended up doing an ~8 mile warmup with some of my running group peeps who were there, then the used the race as a progressive fast finish. Started around MP, and dropped from there: 7:28, 7:17, 7:09, 7:02, 6:55. Finished in 35:31. It was a lot of fun, and wound up with 2nd AG. Added a ~1 mile cooldown for 14 total on the day.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Brooks Ghost 14 on Amazon for $90, down from $140. I'm debating between buying 2 or 3 pairs. Still have 2 boxed in my closet 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Brooks Ghost 14 on Amazon for $90, down from $140. I'm debating between buying 2 or 3 pairs. Still have 2 boxed in my closet 

You're not quitting running, so go get 'em.

Says the ones with dozens of boxes of running shoes in her closet.

Damaris

DavePNW

Oh shit! Same price at RW. I just started a new pair, but looks like they’re my last ones.

Dave