Beginners and Beyond

Taking Care of Business Thursdailies (Read 38 times)

B-Plus

Srd

From the Internet.

6 miles with a bit of fast running (4x2 minutes hard-ish, 2 minutes recovery, 2x strides before and after) to try out the Sayonaras. I was thinking they'd be better if the midfoot was a little bit wider when I tried them on yesterday and when I first put them on this morning but it wasn't noticeable at all while running. I think the roomy toebox makes up for the snug heel/midfoot fit. They made me want to go fast, I think we will get along just fine Smile

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hola Dailies.

In another day or two I will going out for my first run in two weeks. It will likely be a few miles of run/walk just to see how I feel. I can say this: after two weeks of not running my legs finally feel like the fatigue is gone, but the piriformis and heel/achilles pain are lingering. I'm sure I will be able to run with them, like before, though now I am stretching and rolling a lot more. My big problem is going to be the weather. It is HOT! On Monday I will be applying for Boston so I am hoping for the best with that.

Have a good day.

Good luck!

6.2 for me this morning in 45 degree weather. I tried out my Saucony jacket with the blinking lights built in. It's pretty nice, but the area opposite my elbow gets sweaty. I've only been averaging about 20 miles per week since DD#2 was born 6 weeks ago. It is what it is. I just figure that I'll start picking up my running in a while, but I'll only have this experience once.

- Andrew

DavePNW

Hola Dailies.

In another day or two I will going out for my first run in two weeks. It will likely be a few miles of run/walk just to see how I feel. I can say this: after two weeks of not running my legs finally feel like the fatigue is gone, but the piriformis and heel/achilles pain are lingering. I'm sure I will be able to run with them, like before, though now I am stretching and rolling a lot more. My big problem is going to be the weather. It is HOT! On Monday I will be applying for Boston so I am hoping for the best with that.

Have a good day.

Good luck on the run & registration! Anxiously awaiting the outcome of both!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 miles with a bit of fast running (4x2 minutes hard-ish, 2 minutes recovery, 2x strides before and after) to try out the Sayonaras. I was thinking they'd be better if the midfoot was a little bit wider when I tried them on yesterday and when I first put them on this morning but it wasn't noticeable at all while running. I think the roomy toebox makes up for the snug heel/midfoot fit. They made me want to go fast, I think we will get along just fine Smile

I love the Sayonaras.  Good luck.

Damaris

LRB

Part of today's haul; beets with greens and a cauliflower the size of a Toyota!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about the migraine (((Damaris)))

Hope Baboon is managing to stay awake for his all-day meeting.

So will you do the 9 in the rain, Lily?  Good luck with the miles!

55 degrees!  Sweet, LRB!  I can't wait for this weekend for us...our temps are supposed to drop to the 60s! After 90s and 100s, everyone here will probably be freezing, lol, with a  30-40 degree sudden drop in temp.  Cauliflower...yuk.   Here's my kinda collie flower...

Enjoy the well-earned rest day, Marjorie.

Good luck with the 13 later today, Sly.  Hope your PM weather will be better than ours...106-heat-index around 4 - 5 pm, sheesh!

Nice running, Dave!

Wishing you the best for getting into Boston, Jack!

Rocky's not jealous that Dorian gets a jacket and he doesn't?  Have fun with the cooler miles, FreeSoul.

Happy SRD, B-Plus.

Glad the shoes are working out, Lauren.

Blinking lights built in?  So the jacket has a battery-pack or something?  Wow, definitely don't run in that if there's lightning out....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

lol

B-Plus

I love the Sayonaras.  Good luck.

+1. I love to hear about fellow sayonara lovers.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Blinking lights built in?  So the jacket has a battery-pack or something?  Wow, definitely don't run in that if there's lightning out....

Yeah, it's this USB Powered battery thing, that you plug in to the computer to charge. The jacket is supposed to be rain resistant and I also coated it with water repellant. I guess if I was to swim across something I'd probably want to unplug it and put it in a baggy or something! Definitely not something to use when you go swimming.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky's not jealous that Dorian gets a jacket and he doesn't?  Have fun with the cooler miles, FreeSoul.

I think Rocky is very happy to finally have cooler weather, I know he can't wait for winter and snow  Rest assured, Scott as I will be having fun with the cooler miles 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The only cool weather we are going to have today and tomorrow is 90F thanks to massive thunderstorms and rains.  Should be fun running in it!

Back from Pilates.  I did weights at lunch.  Migraine is fucking gone!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, taking my SRD (from running) today.  Since I switched last week's SRD to last Monday, I have run 9 days straight and 70 miles in those 9 days.  Nothing I have not done before but might as well rest and run tomorrow instead.

Damaris

LRB

Oh, taking my SRD (from running) today.  Since I switched last week's SRD to last Monday, I have run 9 days straight and 70 miles in those 9 days.  Nothing I have not done before but might as well rest and run tomorrow instead.

Paper or plastic?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris