Beginners and Beyond

Pets (Read 224 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Oh

MY

GOD!  LOL TOO CUTE

This pretty lady loves to get all sudsy and then be rinsed off with the handheld shower head.

This pretty lady loves to get all sudsy and then be rinsed off with the handheld shower head.

Just a simple cat?

RabbitChaser

Snakes do indeed have personalities. They're also more intelligent than most people give them credit for being. A couple of examples:

When I was in college I had an11' burmese python that I named Tiny. When I would have a party and someone asked what was under the cover (I covered up her cage with sheets during parties), I would open up the cage and just let her take her time slithering out of the cage. No matter where I sat in the room, she would find me and rest herself upon my shoulders and lap. I remember I kept trying to get a gal I knew to hold Tiny or at least touch her. She Tiny and agreed to let her slither over her. It may be a coincidence, but Tiny slithered over her lap, stopped, and urinated on her. Thankfully she laughed and didn't hate me for it. LOL

Example 2:
        I used to work with venomous snakes for a living. A 12 foot King Cobra that I worked with ended up holding a grudge on me. She had a retained eyecap (shed skin stuck on her eye) and I had to catch her up to remove it. I lured her into a snake tube by placing a rat in one end and had her crawl through the other. When she was in I grabbed her and the tube with one hand while I pulled the rat out with the other. I quickly removed the stuck eyecap and released her back into the cage. After that I could not feed her. Every time I tried to feed her, she would go after my hand instead of the rat. It didn't matter if I changed clothes or not. Someone else would feed her and she would go after the rat and ignore them. I left for a 3 month period to take care of animals on a traveling exhibit, when I came back, I still couldn't feed her. When I would take her out the cage to clean it, she was fine, but if I had a rat, she would go after my hand.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Bahahahaha!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

on my way to badass

That cat was made for the internet!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

cmb4314

This is my Kody, looking depressed that my husband was out of town.  I think this is the only picture that I have easily accessible.

And I got a pretty good chuckle out of the fact that Oski's dog that is missing a leg is named Buster Bluth.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Hip Redux

Awww, your puppy looks so sad cmb!

One of these Halloweens we're gonna fit Buster with a hook for his nub.

Hip Redux

That cat was made for the internet!

Seriously. ADORABLE!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Here is our old girl, Chloe, a black Lab. She is dumb but is a very good girl.