Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES, It's Monday Morning, Get Up Offa That Thing! (Read 44 times)

Cyberic

Awesome.  Then ask for chorizo con queso, unless you are a vegetarian, in which case, just have cheese!

i eat a lot of that, and I like it. But LRB was asking me how is the food, and to me, although I enjoy it, eating chorizo and cheese for a month is not what I call eating well Smile

Cyberic99, I'm glad that you've found places to run and that you're staying active in other ways, too.

Rick, how often do you work with the red cord?

Ice cream? I'm trying to hold out until my birthday, so that I can have it as a special treat. YumSmile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

i eat a lot of that, and I like it. But LRB was asking me how is the food, and to me, although I enjoy it, eating chorizo and cheese for a month is not what I call eating well Smile

Friends of mine that are not allergic to shellfish had the same experience.  It seems that after a while, eating the same thing there gets old.  So, it's not only you.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Well played. I generally do my best to avoid eating regular ice cream, but I have a harder time resisting gelato. There is a place (too) close to us with a lot of great gelato flavors, my daughter & I have been making it a weekly Friday evening tradition during the summer. (Yesterday was a different situation.) Last Friday my fancy-pants combination was Toasted Coconut Almond Fudge mixed with Kahlua Tiramisu.

I am going to Italy in September.

/gelatodiscussion

B-Plus

I did not say I am training without long runs, I said I hate them.  There will be some distance in there but that will not be the focal point of my training, speed will be.  Quality if you will.

As far as any reassurance that running long may give me, running 20 miles repeatedly at easy pace proves nothing except I can run 20 miles at easy pace.

I have run two marathons so I am not concerned that I can cover the distance.  Running it at my chosen marathon pace is another story and is what each of us is trying to determine how best to do.

I believe that cumulative mileage with a steady diet of marathon and tempo paced runs will work best for me...or at least that is my hope.

It remains to be seen if I am correct and it very well could fail but I have never been afraid of failure.

For marathon #3 I ran 20 only once (actually it was 21). I had no doubt I could strongly cover the distance. Of course I did a shitload of 17-18 milers and 1-2 MLRs each week.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Sounds like a marathon taper. Good luck to you guys and big sister.

LOL, she called this pregnancy her marathon. Smile

- Andrew

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

For marathon #3 I ran 20 only once (actually it was 21). I had no doubt I could strongly cover the distance. Of course I did a shitload of 17-18 milers and 1-2 MLRs each week.

Daniel's Marathon Plan A, for my pace, didn't have any 20 mile runs. There were a number of 19 mile runs which included MP and Tempo, and I also had one MLR each week around 10-12 miles.

- Andrew

happylily

Ha! So you WILL do a few LRs, LRB...  The way your earlier posts were written, you made it sound like there would be none. I just checked my Hansons plan (I'm on the 70/80). Stupid me, I should have done this earlier... The next 12 weeks are made of 6x18 milers and 6x20 milers, all with MP miles. Then taper. Had I known that yesterday, I would have stuck to running 16 instead of turning it into an 18 mile run.

10.5 miles, 8:28 overall pace. Progression run, from recovery pace to just a bit slower than MP.

Chorizo con queso, mmmm.... what's wrong with that? You people are all so obsessed about your health. We're all going to die anyway. Some while eating chorizo con queso, others while wearing a diaper. Me, I want to live like Homer Simpson. He looks like a really happy guy. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just had some serrano ham as a snack.  And I can finally say I feel a bit better, Hoozah!

Damaris

Lily, brava on the 10.5.

Damaris, I'm glad that you're feeling better.

Ugh. My 13.0 sucked. 2:18:40. 10:40 pace. I had to take two Gu to get through the run. I never have to do thatSad

LRB

...my daughter & I have been making it a weekly Friday evening tradition during the summer.

I am making it a point to eat something yummy, delicious and sinful a few times a week mostly because I run enough to do so but also because there is very little fat left on me to burn and I do not want to lose more weight or look any more sickly than I already do.  Allegedly.  

happylily

Lily, brava on the 10.5.

Damaris, I'm glad that you're feeling better.

Ugh. My 13.0 sucked. 2:18:40. 10:40 pace. I had to take two Gu to get through the run. I never have to do thatSad

Basya, 13 miles on a work day is never easy. But you got through it, you did great! Was it a hot day in Boston, today? 86F here at the moment. Makes any activity more difficult than usual when we are not adapted to this type of weather.

LRB

Ha! So you WILL do a few LRs, LRB...  The way your earlier posts were written, you made it sound like there would be none. I just checked my Hansons plan (I'm on the 70/80). Stupid me, I should have done this earlier... The next 12 weeks are made of 6x18 milers and 6x20 milers, all with MP miles. Then taper.

Can I run 3 easy + 3 at marathon pace + 3 at tempo + 2 at marathon pace + 2 at tempo + 2 easy instead of 15 at easy pace? Or 4 easy + 10 at marathon pace + 4 easy instead of an 18 miler at easy pace?

I mean no one is saying that we are not getting the miles in in a single run, it is just about how we are going about it.

I do not want to run easy 7 days a week, with God forbid one of them being at long run slow pace which I flat out refuse to do!  I want to run fast at least one day and sometimes two.

If I can mix in a long run in with one of those then I will be a happy boy. 

Lily, when I started, it was 71F with a dewpoint of 60F.

If I had done something else tonight and run tomorrow, instead, my pace would have been better.

Ugh. I'm jut glad that it's done.

happylily

Our night out has been cancelled due to SO's work. He has no work schedule to speak of and we never really know when his neurotic boss will call him with a task for him to do. Could be on a Wednesday night, at 6 a.m., on a sunny Sunday afternoon or on Christmas morning. Today was a bad day for the boss. So the lobster with wine turned into a Quiznos sub with a cheap cooler. Fortunately, we all adapt easily.