Beginners and Beyond

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Penguins TUESDAILY !!!! (Read 24 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Have a safe NYE.

3 miles afterwork, then staying home with DW.

on my way to badass

Happy New Year Penguins! 3-4 miles for me today depending on the footing. I'm aiming for 20 again this week. We're in for the night. Bacon wrapped shrimp is on the menu.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Plan is to do 8 tonight, but between the force feeding after work and the fact that we are spending NYE at a friend's home and party, I might not have time for all those miles, so between 5 and 8.

Damaris

PADRunner

Morning Pengs! 4.5 done this morning.

Bin Running

Happy new year, All. 2 more hrs to 2014 for me.

7 w/ 4 @ 8:20. Didn't meet 2013M for the year but I did get pretty close to 2000. Better running for next year. Signed up for a Mar and Apr half.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Have the day off today, slept in a bit, going to the Y to do an easy run and then weight training after the run.

Umm, the forums look weird today - at least on my computer.  Is it just mine or does everyone have a different format for the forums.  On mine, it lists all kinds of stuff above the forums - things like a site-map thingy, in blue, and then you have to go below that to get to the forums.   I tried to log out and log back in and reset everything, but it shows the same thing each time.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

obiebyke

Happy NYE everyone! After 3 days running in a row--unheard of for me--my creaky knees and I are taking a RD before tomorrow's 10K. No plans yet for NYE. I'm going to be a sad monkey if I end up watching the ball drop at home. Flaky friends, I tell ya. Wink

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

tracilynn

Oops, that came out huge.

This is the view out the back of my gym.  i wish they had treadmills set up in this direction.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Traci: nice view!

Bin: happy 2014

Docket: good luck with the cats

Again, no run for me. I will start it up again late next week. I did sign up for a 5k in April and a marathon for May. DW is doing both. Her goal for the marathon is a sub 4:00. If I can train properly I have a goal of 3:20 but if the stupid PF is still bothering me I will adjust it way down.

Tomorrow DW and I are going to Laughlin, NV, for two nights. Just the two of us! We are not big gamblers but we go once a year. We like to play bingo and sit in the sports book and bet football games. I am usually just a beer drinker but the sports book makes a great spicy Bloody Mary so I will likely have a few of those.

Happy New Year, Pens! Smile

GinnyinPA

Happy New Year everybody.

Jerry - enjoy your 3 and quiet evening at home.

Stonefence - hope you get a good run in without ice.  That shrimp sounds good.

Damaris - hope the cat feeding goes smoothly and you get a good run in this evening.

PADrunner - good job on the 4.5

Bin - already new years for you.  Any celebration?  I know, you signed up for races, that's a good celebration.

Scotty - nothing odd about my page, but they may have fixed it before I looked.  Enjoy your workout.

Obiebyke - have a good rest day.  Hope you find something exciting to do this evening.

Tracilynn - that would be a nice view.  I have a view of a cornfield (now bare) out my basement window. Of course, the kids on the ATVs are also visible out that window ;-(

Jack - nice to have the races to look forward to.  Do you and your wife do much training together, or are your paces too different?

AFM:  I'm hoping to do a short trail run this afternoon.  It's cold and gray, but at 33, today is the warmest we'll get all week.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: I will do some of my easier runs with her and that would be a faster run for her. Our paces are too different right now, but who knows? After this layoff with the PF, we could be fairly close.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice ass!

Oh, wait, that's a horse, not a mule...

Oops, that came out huge.

This is the view out the back of my gym.  i wish they had treadmills set up in this direction.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got my run/walk done around the YMCA area, after going to a doctor appointment.  Doc said my lungs were still clear, but I did have some 'nose and throat stuff" going on and also I am still coughing.  So got some meds and he said okay to run, but don't push it, just run easy. .  Nice day, about 46 degrees when I started, around 11:30 a.m., and a bit cloudy.   By the time I finished, it was sunny and 56 degrees, crazy Mother Nature. Made for some nice running, though, and I guess I got carried away, I ended up doing lots of hills - and pretty big darn hills too -  and also went for 5.1 miles, my longest run since October when I did the Wurst  Fest 5-miler.  So much for not pushing it, sorry Doc.  Still, I felt really good the whole way.    As for our weather...crazy Mother Nature!  We are heading to a high of 60 today and 65 for New Year's Day tomorrow.   So looks like I will have nice weather tomorrow at 10 a.m. when I start my 2014 race count with my first race of the year, the Cobweb Chaser 5K.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Started our street run just as snow started, so it was a little slick at the end with 3.3 done.  That's 1,201 for the year, including 39.3 in HM's.

Thanks for the inspiration, Pengs  !!!