Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Surround yourself with perfect people and fake it, or... (Read 46 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Awww...poor Rocky need a hat and muzzle-mask too!

This past January

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Beer me in

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Same for me Dave; I was told if I got Lasik, it would be a trade-off, I'd go from having to wear glasses to see distance to wearing reading glasses to see close-up; apparently I got a stigmatism.  So I'd rather wear my glasses to see distance so I don't have to wear them when I run cuz I can see far enough ahead of me without them so I won't fall down - altho I still manage to do that anyway since I am a klutz, lol.   Besides, when I run and don''t wear my glasses...all the other runners out there look sooooo beautiful!     I'm not sure what my prescription is, but the doc told me if this goes on much more, I might qualify to get  a free dog! 

You know that you can do Lasic for both reading and far distance?  I think you have to wait until you need reading glasses, though.

It was 87F when I left the house for my run (and 74DP).  Da fuck?  Send me some of your weather!

5 miles and heavy weights done.  I was fucking slow (see above for reason).

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awww...poor Rocky need a hat and muzzle-mask too!

Lol, he actually very much enjoys the winter runs Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

I mean body strength, not a Hansons strength workout. Still all easy running. My log sucks.

You message was a good reminder to me to actually get the strength work done. So thanks. Beer me as well.

adkkev

Lol, he actually very much enjoys the winter runs Smile

Does he wear booties on his feet when it gets really cold??  And I'm not asking in jest ... I'm serious.  Remember that when YOUR feet are all bundled up in the cold weather, Rocky's aren't ... think about how you might feel if you were running in bare feet in those conditions.  My wife is a vet tech & this is one of her pet peeves ... you'd be surprised at how many dogs come into the hospital with damaged feet from the cold.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Does he wear booties on his feet when it gets really cold??  And I'm not asking in jest ... I'm serious.  Remember that when YOUR feet are all bundled up in the cold weather, Rocky's aren't ... think about how you might feel if you were running in bare feet in those conditions.  My wife is a vet tech & this is one of her pet peeves ... you'd be surprised at how many dogs come into the hospital with damaged feet from the cold.

He's fought like hell anytime I've tried and when I did manage to get the two fronts on he just laid down and spent 5 minutes chewing them off. In other words, no he does not wear anything on his feet. I always check his paws after runs though, and in the middle of a run more than 7 miles long. He isn't built like my girl Molly was (GSD/Husky mix) but he enjoys the cold and snow very much, more so than the heat and he lets me know when things aren't feeling to great.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)