Beginners and Beyond

Baby, It's Cold Outside SaturDAILIES (Read 47 times)

Zelanie

Hadn't checked the "feels like" temp, let's see...

These are not western Oregon temps!

Step- Congrats on the AG placement!

LRB- Do you have mittens?  When I tried hand warmers with gloves, my fingers were still cold enough that I ended up bunching them up in the hand part of the glove and letting the fingers flop around.

Oski- Good luck to both of you!

Sparker- Hooray for a good run!

DavePNW

So by the end of my run, the temp warmed up from 17 to 20! And the windchill went from 8 to...8. Well I guess I'm glad I didn't bother waiting anyway. Really it was not so bad, at least it was sunny. Ended up doing 11, a bit more than planned. And I never looked at my watch, but ended up being about 20 sec/mi faster than I would normally do this distance. I guess in this weather you really don't want to linger about. 

Nice run Sparker.

Shari, very good race under these conditions!

LRB, that speed is a'comin' back. 

Dave

LRB

Wow. It was one of those days that I just didn't want to stop. Went out to do 6 but ended with 8.45!! Longest run for me since starting last year. I wasn't breaking any speed records but man it felt good.

Excellent!  Put a star on the calendar to mark that bad boy!

Zel, I tried on some mittens yesterday and do not feel I need to go that route yet.  Instead, I wore three pair of gloves and hand warmers and was fine, but who would not be with all of that!  lol

I think I need just one better pair of gloves instead of a boat load of crappy ones, and I may have found them.  I am just not ready to shell out 45 ducketts quite yet.  I am sort of letting the idea marinate for awhile, something I do quite a bit when an unexpected expense rears its ugly stupid head.

LRB

I guess in this weather you really don't want to linger about. 

You got that right!

It is nice to see you active on the board again!

Yugo18

Happy, happy Saturday, everybody.

It's finally in back into the 40s here, and I shall be finishing my coffee (slept in so very late, yes) and then getting out for an unknown number of easy miles.  Whoo-hoo!  Have a happy day, everyone.Big grin

Zelanie

LRB, I have these mittens that have two chambers inside- one is mesh, so if my hands get too warm, I can slide my fingers over to the mesh side.  Having something to do kind of helps sometimes anyway. Glad the gloves worked.  I've gone up to two pairs myself but still felt just as cold.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I can't get tiny pics to work. Which of the 4 links do I use?  I tried all 4 and none of them saved the pic. Just the link was on the page. Help me figure this out.

Oskie? Anyone?

Marjorie

Zelanie

Marjorie- I used the "direct link for layouts".

From the posting box here, I clicked on the tree and pasted the direct link into that box.

On the posting screen, it looked like is wasn't working, but after I hit post, it showed, up.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks

Marjorie

DavePNW

I can't get tiny pics to work. Which of the 4 links do I use?  I tried all 4 and none of them saved the pic. Just the link was on the page. Help me figure this out.

Oskie? Anyone?

You use the one on the bottom. To paste it into a post, you need to use the image tool (tree icon). Take the link from tinypic & paste it into the "Image URL" box you see when you click the tree. Then click insert, and it should be there.

MTA: nevermind, Zel was quicker.

Dave

Ric-G

warm up everyone...i know, easier said than done....

9 rainy miles this AM. good luck to those racing today and tomorrow. have to go videotape a soccer match with my older son this afternoon - hope the rain stops or that's really gonna suck....

marathon pr - 3:16

Hip Redux

Oskie? Anyone?

The direct link (don't use any that have [/IMG] code or anything like that)  and then be sure to use the little "tree" icon to post the link!

5k done.  Massive side stitch really slowed me down, but here are my splits:  9:00/8:52/8:50 and final .1 8:18.   Not too bad considering my permanent status on the DL.  My legs felt fine but the stitch was miserable, had to stop 4 times!

Mr. Oski came in at 19:30.   I saw him on the out and back and realized he was in the top ten, pretty cool!

LRB

LRB, I have these mittens that have two chambers inside- one is mesh, so if my hands get too warm, I can slide my fingers over to the mesh side. 

Features & Benefits:

• Dual chamber glove: Regulates warmth
                            • Interior mesh panel: For breathability
                            • Pull tab on backhand: Allows you to move fingers chambers for more or less warmth
                            • Terry surface at outer thumb: For nose wiping

There is not enough Terry surface in the world to wipe away the amount of crap that comes out of this schnoz!  lol

Thanks for the link, there is some good stuff there!

Zelanie

Haha!  I didn't even notice that feature!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

By our tree and Obligatory doggies with Santa pics.   Hammy first then Quincy.

Yep, I'm one of THOSE people.

Marjorie