Beginners and Beyond

Do I have to do everything around here? SunDAILIES (Read 51 times)

DavePNW

Hey I drove 3000 miles with a dog.  That was enough lol

Ha. I have a friend who moved from Chicago to Seattle with a bird, I think a cockatiel or something. Another friend made the drive with her to keep her company. He said he totally wanted to strangle that bird.

MTA: Remembering my wife drove to Detroit from Dallas with one kid, her mother, two parakeets and a leopard gecko. The other kid & I took a plane.

Dave

DavePNW

Not particularly since I just went on a two week vacation and totally slacked off.

This is what it looks like Smile  <-- nevermind I see you checked.

I have done ones that are 10 with the last 8 at MP or faster.  This one was supposed to be the last 4.  But I started it a little early.

Usually I feel like I can't pick up the pace and I tell myself that maybe I will just do this one easy since I don't feel great. But then I think I should try and when I do I usually feel better. But by the last couple miles it's a hard effort.

I have often done LR's as negative splits, mainly because it just takes me so damn long to warm up. But I have never done more than the last 1-2 as a true FF, at MP or faster. At that point it is sort of a second wind, when I am close to the end & just want to be done. It seems like it would be really hard to maintain it for 4-8 miles. But that's what I hear from a lot of the fast people (like the one being quoted here) as being really key to help maintain your pace beyond mile 20 of the race.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The expresión "you got this" gets over-used.  But in this case, I really do think you got this.  Your training has been well thought out and well executed.  Just believe in yourself.  Also, know we will all be proud of you whatever happens.   I'm not trying not to put pressure on you, just sending good vibes and positive thoughts.

Awww, thanks!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 18 with a fast finish.

Nice!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not particularly since I just went on a two week vacation and totally slacked off.

This is what it looks like Smile  <-- nevermind I see you checked.

I have done ones that are 10 with the last 8 at MP or faster.  This one was supposed to be the last 4.  But I started it a little early.

Usually I feel like I can't pick up the pace and I tell myself that maybe I will just do this one easy since I don't feel great. But then I think I should try and when I do I usually feel better. But by the last couple miles it's a hard effort.

You are ready, notwithstanding the tough Winter.

And thanks, guys.  Prepare for some freak out in the next two weeks!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha. I have a friend who moved from Chicago to Seattle with a bird, I think a cockatiel or something. Another friend made the drive with her to keep her company. He said he totally wanted to strangle that bird.

MTA: Remembering my wife drove to Detroit from Dallas with one kid, her mother, two parakeets and a leopard gecko. The other kid & I took a plane.

If I was ever to apply for the open Seattle position (which the Seattle office is begging me to, damn husband), I don't know how I can drive my 4 cats from here to there.  Not sure I trust any of the transports, even the expensive ones.  I am afraid to lose even a hair.

Damaris

Zelanie

If I was ever to apply for the open Seattle position (which the Seattle office is begging me to, damn husband), I don't know how I can drive my 4 cats from here to there.  Not sure I trust any of the transports, even the expensive ones.  I am afraid to lose even a hair.

I had a coworker who moved here from Colorado with her, her husband, and 6 cats in the car.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had a coworker who moved here from Colorado with her, her husband, and 6 cats in the car.

OMG, did the migraine last for weeks?  I mean, she traveled with her husband! 

Damaris

outoftheblue

I'm deep into vodka therapy for my sore butt and bruised pride.

Life is good.

Little Blue

I have been eating my ass off since that stupid race!

Those capris are not going to fit right.

MI_Tim

Try it with kids.  In 2003 we moved from Detroit to Dallas, kids were 4 & 7. Then 2 years later, back to Detroit.  Fortunately all my moves have been company-paid.

Funny.  I lived in Dallas then too.  We also moved to "Detroit" in 05.

DavePNW

Funny.  I lived in Dallas then too.  We also moved to "Detroit" in 05.

Ha. Probably in Plano too.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I tried to go through the last 3 pages, can't keep up with ya'll.

D, you got this Big grin

Onemile awesome on the 18

And Rick, stop eating! I want to see more pics of  you in those capris 

As for me, we went and seen Get Hard and it was as expected - full of laughs and very entertaining. I will definitely be buying the movie when it comes out on Amazon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

It's a party!

I guess we'll all have to meet in the middle to see the MI peeps. Maybe for Zel's favourite Blerch race.

Zelanie

I guess we'll all have to meet in the middle to see the MI peeps. Maybe for Zel's favourite Blerch race.

We can have our FE at one of the mid-race couches.