Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins In The Running Lab (Read 34 times)

From the Internet.

Morning pens! 4 sluggish miles for me this morning, realized after I finished that it was probably because I did 2 4-milers and a workout in the gym all within the past 36 hours. Whoops. Going to have to plan things better for the rest of the week. I could *really* use a nap, might have to grab a second coffee in a bit.

Zelanie - wow that's impressive re: the shoes, haha Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning pens! 4 sluggish miles for me this morning, realized after I finished that it was probably because I did 2 4-milers and a workout in the gym all within the past 36 hours. Whoops. Going to have to plan things better for the rest of the week. I could *really* use a nap, might have to grab a second coffee in a bit.

Zelanie - wow that's impressive re: the shoes, haha Smile

Hey, did you post your miles?  You were on the nag list last night.  Get coffee!  And post, please.

Damaris

From the Internet.

D - posted miles just before I posted here!

Dad on the run.

Can I come too? That is if the wife approves... Baby is due on the 22nd so she will be rather miserable...

Another busy day, but I did sign up for the Oak Barrel Half last night.  I'll be running with H4L in April :-)

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

So I decided to wear my watch at the gym today and just turned off the GPS. I wanted to see how many calories it said I burned based off of HR. According to my watch after 60 minutes of weight lifting, doing legs, lower back, traps, and shoulders it said I burned 564 calories! I honestly didn't think it would be quite that high but my heart rate would get up in the 170s while doing legs? Does this seem about right?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Scotty- usually the weekend log run works best, just this week I doubt I'm gonna get it in. Waking up at 4:30 to run on a weekday is not something I think will be able to happen often but I'm gonna try it this once.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

PADRunner

So I decided to wear my watch at the gym today and just turned off the GPS. I wanted to see how many calories it said I burned based off of HR. According to my watch after 60 minutes of weight lifting, doing legs, lower back, traps, and shoulders it said I burned 564 calories! I honestly didn't think it would be quite that high but my heart rate would get up in the 170s while doing legs? Does this seem about right?

Seems about right.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oak Barrell Half, Awood?  Does that mean there will be a keg at the finish? Big grin

Yeah, that spinning is tough Margo. Gail does that at times and she really likes it.

Or 5 after work even if it is raining, Jerry.  Joking   Rain..reminds me, I still have to get my flu shot.  I get mine free from the local Walgreens, since I'm retired military.

Nice 'seeing' you back here, TxDiverMom!  Good luck with the Houston half!  I doubt it will be below 70 for us here in TX today, but a cold front is coming for this weekend.   High of only 52 on Saturday?  BRRRRR!!!!

Jack, you are just getting too dang speedy!  You and Speedy Dave are gonna have to have a race someday.   Wink

Congrats on your speedwork, Zelanie!   Perfect?  You wait..when I post the report for the Saturday 5K, you will see folks wearing jackets, sweatshirts, etc, lol.  We South Texans are cold weather wimps!  The HIGH for Saturday will be about 52...which means race time of 8 a.m., our temp will probably be in the 40s....which is cold for us!

Hope the rest day helps, Bin.  You might try to temporarily use some heel cushions when you run.  These will help take the stress off the AT and help it heal.

Good luck with that wind, PAD!

When is is NOT a crazy day for you, Damaris?  Enjoy the run and kickboxing.

Sounds like a rest day is in order for you tomorrow, Lauren!

Jimmy, if you take her with you to the race, maybe' she'll deliver a bit early AT the race.   Y'all should get some kind of prize from the race folks for that, right? Joking

Well, good luck with that, Kristin.  I get up at 4:30 a.m. sometimes on weekdays to run.  But then, I'm only doing short runs of 3 - 5 miles.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

No rain, 42*.  Got the 5 in at 10:00.  First time using my RW arm warmers.  Think I'll be using them a lot this winter.  Got a copy of "Galloway's Running Until 100".  I'm being an optimist.

Trying to get some ideas for a race next November combined with a family vacation.  Has to be a warm place.  Ideas?

hog4life

Can I come too? That is if the wife approves... Baby is due on the 22nd so she will be rather miserable...

Yes, there are less than 100 slots available. Awood will have room in his tent for you, lol.

Good day of sleeping for me, I'll run in the morning 5-6.

Mmmmm...beer

Ate dirt three times on my trail run this evening! lol First one was a quick touch-and-go, popped right back up and kept going. The second and third times were full crash and burns, had to take a moment to collect myself before getting back to work (and find my sunglasses after they went flying lol). Lesson learned, be extra careful when running on tired legs or the trail will bite you. Still had a great run, and made it through without any serious damage. Smile

Hope everyone has had a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Bin Running

Adding heel cushion should does helps.. Normally, I am using higher heel drop shoes.. Maybe hurt the AT a bit with that 4mm Kinvaras.. I usually runs in Mizuno which is 12-13mm.. I did ran up to 8M with that K2 with no issues.. Maybe just one of those days.. I am staying off that K2 until after marathon.

Hope the rest day helps, Bin.  You might try to temporarily use some heel cushions when you run.  These will help take the stress off the AT and help it heal.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar