Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins know that every run starts with a single step! (Read 205 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, December 8th, 2012 I participated in the Jingle Bell 5K in Gruene, Texas, put on by Comal Independent School District and benefiting St. Jude’s Ranch for Children.  Below is the link to my report and photos.  Please feel free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A03499f23-ec1e-43e2-b2fe-8ed3c04d3113

I slept in this morning.   Gail and I will be going to the gym at Randolph Air Force Base after she gets home from church.  Not sure yet, if I will run or do a weight training circuit.  See how I feel after she gets home.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Wandering Wally

Welcome back TD! This morning I got out and did 10 miles. Hope you all have a great day!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Mileage PR at 7.1 today!!!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your progress in your program, Gustav!

Brenda, you are turning into a running machine!

Yeah, Robert, football!  BOO Cowboys! Big grin  Congrats on your miles.

Hope you make your 30 miles for the week goal, Jerry!  You do about double what I do, lol.  It is hard to get some decent weekly mileage when you can't do distance running any more.  Still, even with low weekly mileage, and all the crap my body has going on it it,  I consider myself lucky that I can get out there and do any running at all.

Doc, you get on that TM, I am going to come over and smack you. You were nauseous yesterday, your immune system is probably a little down.  Give yourself another day of rest, let your system get some strength back.  Yeah, you know I'm right and you also know that you know better, which I know you know, so there!  Joking  Behave!

Enjoy the family visit, Kara.  Dang, sounds like a very busy weekend for you.  BTW, nice avatar, what a great smile!

Happy rest day, Mitch.  Good luck with that HM plan and the training!

TurtleDove!  Where the heck is that "heart" icon when you need it?  Welcome back! Smile  Sorry about the PF, that sucks, glad you are feeling better.

Happy birthday to your little one, Jimmy!

Wait, Dave, I missed yesterday's thread..you just got up and went out and ran a marathon on the spur of the moment? Shocked  Dang!  Maybe you should be wearing a Flash or Superman costume.  Joking

Congrats on your miles, bin, sorry about the breathlessness and heavy legs, hope that resolves quickly.

Nice lights/decorations, Awood.  A few MORE finishing touches?  Your electric bill must be crazy for this month.

Way to go on the 10 miles, Mike, and congrats on the 7.1 mileage PR, Kristi.  I'm jealous, I want to be able to run past 6 miles too. Cry  Stupid arthritis.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Morning, penguins!  I am going to run 6 at some point today, probably with the dogs.  Today we also need to get our tree and get our holiday decorations and lights up.

Gustav- Nice job on the C25K!  Looking back, I still think the first 4 weeks of the program were tougher than any other running week I've done.  Great job getting through it! 

Brenda- Great work on the miles!

Robert- Good job getting out there early!

Jerry- Woohoo for 30!

Liz- Hoping the TM run today feels better.

Kara- Hope you're having a great visit and that the LR goes well.

Mitch- GL on the Hall plan!

TD- Good to see you!  Glad you're back to running!  And 6.33 in an hour is still fist-pumping happiness for me!

Jimmy- Happy birthday to your DD!  And good work on the miles.  Careful about building too quickly, though!

Dave- Sleeping outside sounds like a better threat than the couch, hehe!  I get what you're saying in that there are some distances I run just because I want to know that I can do them, not because it makes any sense from a training point of view.  Although 26.2 is taking that idea to an entirely different level.

Bin- I'm sure you'll be back to your old self soon!

Awood- Looks great!  I'm impressed that you got that string up along the top of the roof!  And the motorcycle snowman and  penguin is too cute!  Maybe that's who the penguins call if we need an emergency lift home on a run?

Scotty- Yay for #71! 

Matt- Good job on the 10 miler!

Kristi- Hooray for mileage PR!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 more miles today gets us up to 32 for the week.   Helps to take only 1 RD and a long run.  134 days to HM.  I think we're on track. 

Tomorrow should be a RD, especially with a little snow in the forecast. 

Welcome back Turtle !!!

Congrats Scott on #71. 

Go Kristi !!!

Nice Pix "Clark", 

Have a great Sunday all.

Dad on the run.

Zelanie - I am only doing a 10% weekly increase on my miles with 1/2 to 1 mile increments on my long run. The One mile increment will probably be once I am up to around a 10 mile LR. 

Next week I am looking at 24.2 MPW with a 7.5 LR

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

Scotty, yeah, got a lil crazy yesterday. lol 

Zel, yeah, it's working too, gonna get started in a minute. Smile  Sometimes ya gotta climb that mountain, just cause it's there.

Went out for a brisk 5 mile walk, feeling good.  Gonna do a few easy miles after we're done decorating, just to stay loose and keep the streak alive. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Dave - Dude! I saw your post last night. That's insane! And amazing! Nice job. I'm seriously just in awe! You and I started running about the same time. I have yet to run six miles straight and you just did a marathon on a whim. Wow, I am so impressed!

We are totally getting dumped on. I'm glad I didn't wait to do my run until the snow started to fall yesterday because it was barely snowing when I went to bed. We had about 6-8 inches when we left for church this morning and it's still heavily snowing. We started shoveling. I got the walk done, but when I finished it looked like it needed to be done again. The driveway is halfway done but the plow left us a nice tall present at the end of the driveway that needs to be cleared before we can leave again. I love snow but I'm glad the storm hit over the weekend so driving tomorrow won't be so bad.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone!

tracilynn

Nice christmas lights awood!

I did 3.5 miles of Trails this morning, saw 6 deer.

70 today and beautiful but its about to change drastically, like 30 degree drop.  I guess its winter so cant complain.  Hopefully no tornadoes though.

Doing our family pic today for our Chritsmas cards.  Will be a circus.  Cant wait.  Ha.

Gonna go read scottys RR

Take care everyone

~~~~~~~

Traci

Wandering Wally

Scotty - I was listening to Bart Yasso on a podcast the other day and he said "Never take a finish line for granted because you don' t know if it will be your last." To me, you are a living, breathing example of that. I aspire to run with the same joy that you do.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

No personals, I am on the phone. Sorry. I got in 16.7 before church this morning. I am glad I was there, but I didn't get much out of it. I was pretty tired. This got my weekly total to over 40. This is a first for me. I need a nap. Smile Make today great.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry for forgetting to post here today!  Weston HM done.  Course PR.

awood, those Christmas lights look awesome.

Have a nice day all.

Damaris

Zelanie

Got in my almost 6 with the dogs.  I was able get get into my rhythm and pace better today than I usually do with them.  They were tired and lagging a bit on the on-leash parts at the end, but I figure that's their fault for running and swimming around like nutcases for the first parts.  Now we are headed out to get our tree.

Scotty- D2 didn't just sign up for a marathon and finish it with all the crowd support, etc, he ran 26.2 in BQ+15 time as a training run.  Alien, I tell you.  No other explanation.

Jimmy- Glad to hear you're building miles carefully.  The first time I got to 25 MPW I had built too quickly and ended up losing quite a few miles when I got injured.

Tomas- Nice run!

Traci- Sounds like a great run this AM!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Another 6 miles.  What is that now?  16 days and 92.02 miles!  Come on 100!!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013