Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Running is fundamental (Read 45 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Fyp

I fell 7 times during my first trail race.  I was so sore I thought I had broken something.  Then, a PRd at a 5K the week after.  Go figure.  Yay?

Damaris

LRB

I fell 7 times during my first trail race.  

lol

Sorry! Pay attention next time will ya.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

SRD today

AT&T is finally sending someone out tomorrow to put in the new service, I haven't had internet at home for a week 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

lol

Sorry! Pay attention next time will ya.

I think she ran 50k. I only did 12.5 with 1.5 falls, so the ratio is about the same.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think she ran 50k. I only did 12.5 with 1.5 falls, so the ratio is about the same.

It was actually a HM, but it was super technical.  And the 7 falls were within the first 10K.  Not as technical as that 50K.  At least I am assured a PR next time I do a 50K since it won't be in that motherfucking sand dunes course.

Damaris

B-Plus

Lol. You should have seen the briefing for the long course. It was the most detailed and crazy race briefing I've ever seen. Long story short, while the risks were minimal, if you fucked up there was a legitimate chance of death. Obviously I opted for the easier short course.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol. You should have seen the briefing for the long course. It was the most detailed and crazy race briefing I've ever seen. Long story short, while the risks were minimal, if you fucked up there was a legitimate chance of death. Obviously I opted for the easier short course.

I would have too.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

I fell 7 times during my first trail race.  I was so sore I thought I had broken something.  

I suffered a severe injury the last time I ran a trail race.

<3

outoftheblue

SRD for me, but I'm thinking of squeezing a couple of recovery miles just to get the blood flowing in my legs.  Last week ended up being 55 miles, which is my high for the year.   I'm not sure I will ever be a high mileage runner.  10+ hours of running last week felt like more of a chore than a joy.   I think 30-35 mpw, with some speed work, is what I enjoy the most.  From here on out, I am going to limit myself to1 marathon a year at the most, and might take next year off from them altogether and focus on other distances.    Don't get me wrong -- I'm excited about CIM in a couple of months, but am fully appreciating just how much work is necessary if I want to continuing to improve at them.  I think I only have so many training cycles of that nature left in me.

Oski -- Yay!

B+ Was the race along bluffs or something?  I'm trying to image doing a race where death was a possible outcome.

Life is good.

B-Plus

B+ Was the race along bluffs or something?  I'm trying to image doing a race where death was a possible outcome.

A bit of an exaggeration on my part. But they repeated so manytimes in emails, the website, and race morning that if you couldn't get out of a tricky situation with your own body power, that the only way home would be by helicopter. I really gotta hand it to these guys for putting on a great race while taking on an acceptable amount of risk. There were originally vertical sections that required a ladder. They decided to change the course just 2 days prior due to rain making it too slippery and dangerous. Much of both courses were on brand new trails they made for the race.

Also, I'm with you on that 1 marathon a year thing.

B-Plus

I suffered a severe injury the last time I ran a trail race.

There was red bull offered at check in. Apparently it gives you wings.

Cyberic

Hey B+ and Damaris, I know you both have many Mizuno shoes. I was looking (online) at Hitogamis, Ekidens and Universe 5. Don't think I'd touch the Universe for now, but I'm wondering about the Hitogamis. I am at my 2nd pair of Sayonaras, and they are light trainers. I'll run my half marathon in them. The Hitogamis are what? Heavy racers? Other than the numbers (weight, heel drop, etc) how do they compare? And what about the Ekidens?

Thanks

LRB

SRD for me, but I'm thinking of squeezing a couple of recovery miles just to get the blood flowing in my legs.  Last week ended up being 55 miles, which is my high for the year.   I'm not sure I will ever be a high mileage runner.  10+ hours of running last week felt like more of a chore than a joy.   I think 30-35 mpw, with some speed work, is what I enjoy the most.  From here on out, I am going to limit myself to1 marathon a year at the most, and might take next year off from them altogether and focus on other distances.    Don't get me wrong -- I'm excited about CIM in a couple of months, but am fully appreciating just how much work is necessary if I want to continuing to improve at them.  I think I only have so many training cycles of that nature left in me.

I feel you on all of it, and applaud you on figuring out who you are as a runner/racer.  While I am currently locked into MRT, I am giddy at the thought of getting back to running only 8 to 10 miles for my long runs once it is over.

Shit, I just might run that first 10 miler backwards.  lol

Mondailies.

Endless paperwork is how mine tend to go, juggled around checking in pallets for the guys to put away.

Hooray for Oski, it's a start.

A short recovery run on deck here.

Hip Redux

Thanks guys!  Felt good to have something to contribute to the dailies again Smile

Friday is my running gait analysis and I'm working on getting set up with a pilates instructor.  I'm getting there!