Beginners and Beyond

Snowy Tuesday (Read 16 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ok, occasional flurries,  but still. Snow. After 80 degrees last week.  With everything blooming , I first thought it was Bradford pear petals flying around.  Anyway, 4 miles with 3 strides and 3 hill sprints.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We got that yesterday. Hope you don't get our wind. I have 6 miles, it's sunny but close to 40mph so FTS, it's time for the TM AGAIN.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

It's been a week since I've run, ugh. Dealing with bronchitis now but at least the fever seems to have gone.

No snow here! High 70F with not a cloud in the sky.

Baboon

delicate flower

Sorry, whiskers.  Hope you feel better soon.

I ran 9 miles on the track before work.  It didn't go as planned but in a good way.  I was supposed to do 2 x 3 miles at marathon pace, but when I got going I was moving a lot faster than marathon pace so I just went with it and ran 9 miles at a steady effort.  I'd call it "light tempo", where it was faster than MP but slower than HMP.  6:51 avg pace, and I will certainly be pushing much harder on HM race day.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I didn't get up early enough for track work (I was tired and decided not to set the alarm) and my punishment was running in 20 mph winds that weren't around early, but picked up as the morning went on.  6½ miles done.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

sdWhiskers

Can someone explain to me why there are play in games for the 10 seeds? Make it make sense.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Can someone explain to me why there are play in games for the 10 seeds? Make it make sense.

Money.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Money.

Aside from money, many of the automatic qualifiers from the non-power leagues are low seeds or wouldn't even be good even to merit an at large bid. By expanding the field to 68 and having 4 play-in games, it allows a few more higher ranking teams to be selected.  I think in past tournaments I've seen play-in games for as high as a 7 seed.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Baboon

delicate flower

Aside from money, many of the automatic qualifiers from the non-power leagues are low seeds or wouldn't even be good even to merit an at large bid. By expanding the field to 68 and having 4 play-in games, it allows a few more higher ranking teams to be selected.  I think in past tournaments I've seen play-in games for as high as a 7 seed.

+1.  I think those 10 vs 10 games are the "last four in" teams, who did not win a conference tournament but got an at-large bid.

Speaking of which, I watched the 16 vs 16 game yesterday and it was actually a very good game.  Howard had their chances at the end!

<3