Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I could barely breathe during my run.  It was not too humid (71DP) neither too hot (96F), it just sucked.  My lungs need a TM day tomorrow.  Please make me (and remind me).

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did my intervals at 80 degrees F, dew point of 64 F, in the sun. The TROPICS IN WINTER I tell you Big grin

FYP.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks for the tip. According to this I needed a 3% adjustment, so my 7:50 should have been 8:04. May be correct in theory, but hard to bring yourself to do that in practice, I think.

The table my coach uses is 5 sec/mile slower per each 5F above 60 (heat index, not real temps).  So, for 80F, it would be 20sec/mile slower, for 90F, it would be 30sec/mile slower.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My dew point was 70 this morning and sweat was dripping from my elbows during my run!

What?  People don't sweat like that every day? 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DaveP

Remember to modify your target pace by the weather conditions.

I use this site for quick adjustments:

http://maximumperformancerunning.blogspot.com/2013/07/temperature-dew-point.html?m=1

In N Texas of late it has been a 4.5 - 6% hit, and it does make a huge difference in being able to finish a quality or hit consistent paces.

Mine is normally between 6-10%.  Mostly 8%.  Today's run summed 170. 

Damaris

LRB

The table my coach uses is 5 sec/mile slower per each 5F above 60 (heat index, not real temps).  So, for 80F, it would be 20sec/mile slower, for 90F, it would be 30sec/mile slower.

I will eat my Garmin if Dave does any of that!

happylily

I could barely breathe during my run.  It was not too humid (71DP) neither too hot (96F), it just sucked.  My lungs need a TM day tomorrow.  Please make me (and remind me).

I usually do well in that weather, but only if I'm running easy. 5k intervals are deadly in heat. Made me nauseous.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I will eat my Garmin if Dave does any of that!

But it works.  I've done it.  He even had me doing MP like that (adjusted).  I PRd by 10 minutes while having two asthma attacks during the race.  Ask Baboon about adjusting for weather and how did it last Summer.

Damaris

LRB

Not sure how that would work inside the garage, though. The same, higher or lower? I have no clue...

It was HAFAM, that's all anyone needs to know.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I usually do well in that weather, but only if I'm running easy. 5k intervals are deadly in heat. Made me nauseous.

Today's 5 easy felt like I was running the last 5 miles of a 5K.  Last two almost made me puke.  I checked my breathing capacity.  It's at 55%.  Not bad but my usual should be 62% (which already sucks).

One of my coworkers had a biopsy last Friday for a possible lump on her breast.  The doctor called today asking her to come in ASAP. She has breast cancer (not sure of the stage yet).  Very sad.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was HAFAM, that's all anyone needs to know.

Which means?  You know, for Cyberic....

Damaris

happylily

So it's like I really ran my 800m at close to 6:22 effort?  

LRB

But it works.  I've done it.  He even had me doing MP like that (adjusted).  I PRd by 10 minutes while having two asthma attacks during the race.  Ask Baboon about adjusting for weather and how did it last Summer.

I know, I know, us Midwesterners just train through the shit. Unless we are racing in unbearable conditions, which thankfully does not happen here as much as it does in other places.

happylily

For me too. 

LRB

Oh, right.  Hot as fuck and miserable.