Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #28 (Read 30 times)

RunningOnSand

That’s one thing I don’t do. The light beer of coffee.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't really drink coffee often and can drink Diet Coke in the afternoon, but a latte at 10am and a Mtn Dew at 3pm is too much for me, seems like. Or lately since I've not gone to Starbucks for almost 4 months before yesterday.

Damaris

Cyberic

On my commute home yesterday, the sidewalks were A1. I came up with the idea to do a fast run workout during my kid's soccer practice in the evening, something I don't do often in the winter. By the time I went outside after supper, snow had started falling, and running fast in the dark with unsure footing was not cutting it, so I still did the planned 15 x (1 min / 1 min), but not as fast as I should have, so it made for a low-key workout. But it was still 8 miles of running, so that's not too bad.

I might have found a new long term goal for my running on the marathon training thread. Over the years I've had a few "far fetched but maybe doable" goals that have kept me going:

• Run your age at 10K
        • Sub-20 5K
        • Sub 1:30 HM
        • And of course Sub-3 

But I've had nothing for a while until... the MooseMug! The idea is to run a marathon in sub (2 hours + your age). There is no way I can run a sub 2:50 this year, but maybe a sub-2:52 in two years or a sub-2:53 in three years is doable. I might have found me a new "far fetched but maybe doable" goal!!!

Cyberic

That’s one thing I don’t do. The light beer of coffee.

I don't drink decaf (not that I'm against it, I just never do it) but I do drink light beer. They're called Session beers now, and some Session IPAs are good. The lack of sweetness in the taste can be compensated by hoppiness, if they do it right. My go-to beer now is a local Session IPA, at 4.5% APV.

onemile

On my commute home yesterday, the sidewalks were A1. I came up with the idea to do a fast run workout during my kid's soccer practice in the evening, something I don't do often in the winter. By the time I went outside after supper, snow had started falling, and running fast in the dark with unsure footing was not cutting it, so I still did the planned 15 x (1 min / 1 min), but not as fast as I should have, so it made for a low-key workout. But it was still 8 miles of running, so that's not too bad.

I might have found a new long term goal for my running on the marathon training thread. Over the years I've had a few "far fetched but maybe doable" goals that have kept me going:

• Run your age at 10K
            • Sub-20 5K
            • Sub 1:30 HM
            • And of course Sub-3 

But I've had nothing for a while until... the MooseMug! The idea is to run a marathon in sub (2 hours + your age). There is no way I can run a sub 2:50 this year, but maybe a sub-2:52 in two years or a sub-2:53 in three years is doable. I might have found me a new "far fetched but maybe doable" goal!!!

What is the female moose mug?

Half Crazy K 2.0

2:20 + age according to Google search

Cyberic

A male moose is called a bull, a female moose is called a cow, and a young moose is called a calf

So a BullMug is 2:00+age, and a CowMug is 2:20+age. Glad we've got that all cleared up! 

Baboon

delicate flower

My new goal for 2020 is to run with a moose knuckle.

<3

Cyberic

My new goal for 2020 is to run with a moose knuckle.

Had to look that up

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My goal is to run a cow plus 2 hours.  Doable, lol. Let's call it a kawabunga.

Came to the black hole (aka, the walking closet where I can't hear ServPro working) to see if I could nap for 10 minutes, but the only things napping here is Rubio. Sigh.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Had to look that up

Bet that got some interesting search results.

DavePNW

a CowMug 

onemile is suddenly less interested.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

God, I love my job sometimes.  I just got off the phone with a former employee who has threatened to press charges and sue over a $400 tax notice he got in the mail.  We already fixed the problem on our end and I told him how to fix it on his end (literally place a piece of paper in a pre-printed envelope and drop it in a mailbox).  He refuses to do that and said I'll hear from his attorney, so then I made sure he had my phone number.  He just kept cursing and yelling, so I told him to watch his language and attitude when talking to me, so then he swore some more and hung up.  lmao

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

God, I love my job sometimes.  I just got off the phone with a former employee who has threatened to press charges and sue over a $400 tax notice he got in the mail.  We already fixed the problem on our end and I told him how to fix it on his end (literally place a piece of paper in a pre-printed envelope and drop it in a mailbox).  He refuses to do that and said I'll hear from his attorney, so then I made sure he had my phone number.  He just kept cursing and yelling, so I told him to watch his language and attitude when talking to me, so then he swore some more and hung up.  lmao

By the time he consults with his attorney, the bill will be $1.4 million so yeah, that'll work for him.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

2:20 + age according to Google search

Hmm... sure, I can chop more than a dozen minutes off my PR by November, right?! 😂

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog