Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Hobbit Penguins (Read 25 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jack, there are similar ones around here.  I am surprised they traveled in the Summer.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Docket: they were very unusual so that is why I took the picture.

She Can: will you try the HM instead of the full?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Same here. I've never seen them before.  Maybe they have altered their migration patterns?

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I have no clue. There were also some herons there, but we have a lot of those.

Zelanie

Cherie- I hope you feel better and are running again soon!

Jack- Those look like zombie ducks!

Got my run in.  Needed gloves again and the winds were intense.  There were some branches down, but only one big enough that I had to hop.  Oddly enough, somebody had cleared it before I came back.  There was also a guy out trying to play disc golf.  The good news is, my legs finally felt fresh like they haven't felt since before my 5K last weekend.

SheCan

Most likely that's what I'll end up doing, Jack.  For now, it's just wait and see.  Great job to you fast DD, and to you for your ongoing training.

Thanks Docket, Zelanie... I'm sure I'll be feeling better soon. I just really needed this break.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Dad on the run.

Planned on trying for 8, only got a very very slow 4. It was really hot and apparently my body isn't use to it since I really haven't ran in it much this season... I will try and go out for another 3 later this evening.

The XC race yesterday was pretty awesome. My cousin's team place 2nd out of 8 and he placed 24th out of 82. His 5k finish time was 20:29. I really wish he would had started XC as a freshman but he waiting until his senior year to start running...

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

PADRunner

The weather sounds lovely!

Jerry, having the guests leave must feel good.

PAD, white chocolate ice cream?  I want!

Traci, nice job on the mileage buildup.  I"m glad to hear that the shins appear not to be an issue.

Mel, I want your temps too.

Not that I indulged, It's been a while since I've had for either, but it fit the day.

Today is National Hobbit Day! (Frodo & Bilbo Baggins Birthday.)

Today is National Ice Cream Cone Day!

Today is National White Chocolate Day!

GinnyinPA

Jack - according to my bird guide, that bird looks like an Egyptian Goose, from Africa.  Usually they are kept as exotic pets, but sometimes they escape.

Damaris - sorry about understating your achievement.  22 is terrific, even without the heat and humidity.

Cherie - please stick around.  I am sure you will run again, and in any case, your comments are always wise ones.

Traci - I'm glad your shins are allowing your mileage to increase.

PADRunner - hurray for ice cream day!  I indulge much too often.

Jimmy  - I hope you were able to do your 3 extra.  If not, tomorrow is another day.

Zelanie - I'm glad your knees felt so much better.  Trail running can be easier in some ways, because of the diverse tread.  It's not as repetitive. I'm one of those who clear trail as I go - even when running, though it's easier when I'm going slower.

I enjoyed my 3 in the park.  It was my first non-stop run.  I've been doing a walk-run mix to ease into running again, but tbh, I don't really feel any difference. I don't hurt any more or less, and I wasn't more tired afterwards.  I'm still having a problem breathing on hills, but after two months without running any hills, that's not surprising.

tracilynn

melZel, Audrey is 15 yrs

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Cool!  Cypress is also 15. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jack - according to my bird guide, that bird looks like an Egyptian Goose, from Africa.  Usually they are kept as exotic pets, but sometimes they escape.

Damaris - sorry about understating your achievement.  22 is terrific, even without the heat and humidity.

Cherie - please stick around.  I am sure you will run again, and in any case, your comments are always wise ones.

Jimmy  - I hope you were able to do your 3 extra.  If not, tomorrow is another day.

Zelanie - I'm glad your knees felt so much better.  Trail running can be easier in some ways, because of the diverse tread.  It's not as repetitive. I'm one of those who clear trail as I go - even when running, though it's easier when I'm going slower.

I enjoyed my 3 in the park.  It was my first non-stop run.  I've been doing a walk-run mix to ease into running again, but tbh, I don't really feel any difference. I don't hurt any more or less, and I wasn't more tired afterwards.  I'm still having a problem breathing on hills, but after two months without running any hills, that's not surprising.

Great non-stop run.  I was only joking, LOL.

Damaris

tracilynn

Oh my right shin still makes its presence known ...often!  It's hurting right now!

glad to hear you're running again!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Bin Running

19.1M done.. Barely made it..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

tracilynn

Great job bin!!

~~~~~~~

Traci