Beginners and Beyond

Triathlon Race Report (Read 97 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What, no swimsuit photos? Wink

Dang, Beth, that swim part sounds brutal! Swallowing water, stung by  jellyfish....and then you biked and ran after that?  You are Super Woman!  Congrats on your tri!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Just B.S.

What, no swimsuit photos? Wink

Dang, Beth, that swim part sounds brutal! Swallowing water, stung by  jellyfish....and then you biked and ran after that?  You are Super Woman!  Congrats on your tri!

Nope, but I could post a photo of me in my rubber suit (i.e. wetsuit)!LOL

Sure not  superwoman but I survived and am doing it again in 2 weeks and then another one a week after that.

That will make 5 this summer. They are hard but I must like them if I keep going back for more punishment!

aponi

never runs the tangents

I'm training/psyching up/planning to do a tri in the spring. The one I picked to do first is really short; 250yd swim - 8 mi bike - 2 mi run. Even better that swim is in a pool. I figured it would be good to do a really short one because I have no idea what I'm doing. The transition scares me as does appearing in public in a trisuit. I think of that trisuit when I'm tempted to eat well anything. For good or ill I just bought a road bike this past weekend and I can't afford food now anyway.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

SheCan

As I was reading your report, I realized I've just really missed seeing you around more.  But, I guess now I know why you've disappeared, you've been working your ass off.  Good for you, and wow @ all these triathlons.  You really are one tough lady, and so inspiring.  Yikes@ the ocean swim!  Congratulations and you totally rock!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Sorry for taking so long to get back guys. This working thing and training for a marathon and tri's at the same time leaves me little time or going to bed really really early like the old person I am.Big grin

MTNBiker,  this is the race we will be doing next July. We didn't register yet and were a little peeved that the website said "register by July 20th", went on to register and it was closed on July 19th.Roll eyes So the next discount date in November.

http://challenge-standrews.com/

When we started swimming in January our goal was a 1/2 Iron summer 2014. The closest one  we could do was 9 hours away. Then luckily this one was announced just 1 hour from home!!!  It's not the IronMan brand but the same distance. The Challenge Family series is mostly in Europe and they only have one other Canadian race so we feel very lucky we will be able to do this close to home!

very cool!  I'm considering a HIM myself for NEXT fall.......plenty of time, right?  Smile  But I don't think I'm brave enough for an ocean swim!

You rock!

Just B.S.

As I was reading your report, I realized I've just really missed seeing you around more.  But, I guess now I know why you've disappeared, you've been working your ass off.  Good for you, and wow @ all these triathlons.  You really are one tough lady, and so inspiring.  Yikes@ the ocean swim!  Congratulations and you totally rock!

SheCan, that was really sweet of you. I was pretty sure almost no one missed me at all.Big grin

Just B.S.

I'm training/psyching up/planning to do a tri in the spring. The one I picked to do first is really short; 250yd swim - 8 mi bike - 2 mi run. Even better that swim is in a pool. I figured it would be good to do a really short one because I have no idea what I'm doing. The transition scares me as does appearing in public in a trisuit. I think of that trisuit when I'm tempted to eat well anything. For good or ill I just bought a road bike this past weekend and I can't afford food now anyway.

No need for too much psyching........a "baby" tri is a good place to start, and they are darn fun

as you will see!

FWIW, I feel exactly the same about my trisuit, keeps me honest in the eating department.

Just B.S.

very cool!  I'm considering a HIM myself for NEXT fall.......plenty of time, right?  Smile  But I don't think I'm brave enough for an ocean swim!

You rock!

I have a feeling you are a much much better swimmer than I am. You have plenty of time.

Didn't you just do a tri? photos? report? Please Big grin

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I have a feeling you are a much much better swimmer than I am. You have plenty of time.

Didn't you just do a tri? photos? report? Please Big grin

don't mistake being a good swimmer for being fast or not afraid of jelly fish Smile  LOL

my reports are all the same - I swam slow, I biked fast, I ran slow, I finished bottom of the middle third LOL

Just B.S.

don't mistake being a good swimmer for being fast or not afraid of jelly fish Smile  LOL

my reports are all the same - I swam slow, I biked fast, I ran slow, I finished bottom of the middle third LOL

Hmmmm, similar to mine, except I swam slow, biked medium slow and ran semi fast

Doesn't matter , we rock. That is all.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Doesn't matter , we rock. That is all.

Cool