Beginners and Beyond

Deja Moo DAILIES (Read 39 times)

DavePNW

After an hour and ten minutes I am finally leaving.  I seriously need to be wheeled out of here though.  BAROOF a BLOOF!

Did you scare his wife?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

After an hour and ten minutes I am finally leaving.  I seriously need to be wheeled out of here though.  BAROOF a BLOOF!

So, you're running 18 miles tomorrow?  Because it sounds like it from all you ate.

Damaris

LRB

Nah, I burn one thousand calories a day five days a week and north of 1700 on Sunday so I'm good.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

And to the other extreme, where the hell you live Jack, hell?  lol  Stay cool bro, I know you will because you are.  

see what I did there

LRB: Yes, I see what you did there. Wink  It's a "dry heat"  lol.  Literally, single digit humidity, high winds, and heat for the next few days. Don't be surprised if you hear about another fire.

LRB

It's a "dry heat"  lol.  Literally, single digit humidity, high winds, and heat for the next few days. Don't be surprised if you hear about another fire.

Isn't 100 degrees still hot?  For all the years I have been to Vegas I have never been there when it's hot.  Been to Texas, Arkansas and Florida in high temps though and was miserable.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Isn't 100 degrees still hot?  For all the years I have been to Vegas I have never been there when it's hot.  Been to Texas, Arkansas and Florida in high temps though and was miserable.

Oh, heck yes it's still hot, but believe it or not, it's somewhat manageable. What is bad is when it's that hot and then you have 90% humidity at the same time. Now THAT is misery. You walk outside and five minutes later you are soaking wet. I bet Docket could tell you a thing or two about humidity.  Now I'm thirsty.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And to the other extreme, where the hell you live Jack, hell?  lol  Stay cool bro, I know you will because you are.  

see what I did there

LRB: Yes, I see what you did there. Wink  It's a "dry heat"  lol.  Literally, single digit humidity, high winds, and heat for the next few days. Don't be surprised if you hear about another fire.

Things that always surprise me:

People run where there is shade?

People have single digit humidity?

People have cool mornings?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, heck yes it's still hot, but believe it or not, it's somewhat manageable. What is bad is when it's that hot and then you have 90% humidity at the same time all the time forever and ever, like D does. Now THAT is misery. You walk outside and five minutes later you are soaking wet. I bet Docket could tell you a thing or two about humidity.  Now I'm thirsty.

FYP.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wish I could tatoo this on my back, LOL:

"No matter what the temperature or relative humidity is, the dew point will always represent the actual amount of moisture in the air, so it is a better way for runners to think about the effect of humidity on their running performance."

Damaris

LRB

Most runners don't care about dew point though, when it's hot it's hot.  Period.   When it's humid it's worse.  So that would not be a good use of a tattoo.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Most runners don't care about dew point though, when it's hot it's hot.  Period.   When it's humid it's worse.  So that would not be a good use of a tattoo.  lol

Hot and low dewpoint does not affect running as bad as hot and high dewpoint.  Fact.  So, yes, hot its hot, but the body does not react the same.  I have run in Vegas in 112F and it never felt as bad as a run in 80F, feels like 95F and 80 dewpoint.  Mostly because the body cools itself better in low dewpoint while in high dewpoints, the body does not cool itself at all.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I remember the Relentless Forward whatever ultrarunning book.  He discusses what to use to train for a hot race, depending on whether it's dry heat or wet heat.  One will recommend a sauna (dry hot race) and the other one the steamroom (for a wet hot race).

Damaris

LRB

I remember the Relentless Forward whatever ultrarunning book.  He discusses what to use to train for a hot race, depending on whether it's dry heat or wet heat.  One will recommend a sauna (dry hot race) and the other one the steamroom (for a wet hot race).

Yeah I don't care about any of that, if it's over 80 degrees my ass ain't racing.  Shit, I may not even jog in that crap depending on the suns position in the sky.  But I get it, to each his/her own.

Hip Redux

Good luck, I hope you are getting spare parts from the same robot factory that Phil used! Smile

That would be nice!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah I don't care about any of that, if it's over 80 degrees my ass ain't racing.  Shit, I may not even jog in that crap depending on the suns position in the sky.  But I get it, to each his/her own.

I wouldn't race in it either, but in here you have no choice unless you travel to race.  Which is what I have been doing.  I am that smart!!! After 15 years....

Damaris