Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy SunDAILIES :) (Read 42 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Damn, Z, that cake you posted last night looks good!

+1

- Andrew

outoftheblue

SRD for me.  Got a day of yucky chores ahead of me:  poison oak abatement, doggie doo-doo pick-up, weeding and a trip to the dump.

LRB -- thanks for sharing your history.  It's easy to look at people who are fast and think they were just born with it.  It's really good to see proof positive that all the hard work can and does pay off.

Life is good.

Good morning, everyone.

Dave, thank you for starting today's thread. Fantastic five.

Rick, sweet six.

Andrew, great three.

Tom, have fun shopping at Home Depot.

Slymoon Runs, good luck with the VDOT test.

Lily, have a pleasant run.

Beth, enjoy your run.

Oski, feel well soon.

DaveP MI, nice nine.

Damaris, daaamn.

I haven't run since my HM last Sunday. I've been feeling blah. I'll go for six or seven later. I'll keep it short like that, until I begin training for MCM in three weeks. I want my mojo back.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I struggled through 14 miles on the trails, 68 degrees, 73% humidity and dew point at 60 (for D). I swear I hate having to acclimate to hot, humid weather  but most of all I'm just not feeling it lately. I was ready to quit at 10, but pushed it to 14.

I left Rocky at home this time, hell I now that as bad as I was struggling he would have been dying.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

+1

Just saw those cake pictures.  Yum.

+2

Life is good.

LRB

Good morning, everyone.

'Sup yo!  You will get your mojo and more back.

Ric-G

5 miles this AM....similar to D2

interesting post rick and proof of hard work paying dividends...have a great sunday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Zelanie

Morning, everyone!  7ish for me later today.

Thanks for the kind words about the cake!  I think it came out really well, flavor-wise.  The buttercream would NOT cooperate and was all runny, which is why I didn't do any piping or borders.  But flavor is king with cakes, IMO.  I also went with whole vanilla beans, which was a nice little luxury.

StepbyStep-SH

Now I need to go find cake photos to drool over.

URD for me. I didn't even go to church - sent DS and DH, but stayed home and went back to bed for another 3 hours. This allergy stuff is trying hard to turn into a sinus infection and I was up every hour or more all night to cough/blow out the incredible amount of junk my body can produce. Only ran three times this week - guess I'm flipping around how you do taper for a 50k, since I'll want to tack on some extra this week for All-Stars. Providing my body cooperates.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I struggled through 14 miles on the trails, 68 degrees, 73% humidity and dew point at 60 (for D). I swear I hate having to acclimate to hot, humid weather  but most of all I'm just not feeling it lately. I was ready to quit at 10, but pushed it to 14.

I left Rocky at home this time, hell I now that as bad as I was struggling he would have been dying.

But that's Winter weather! 

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.5. Wanted more but toe isn't 100%. Did some yard stuff and housework. Now nothing for the rest of the day.

Marjorie

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

6 miles and change, 4 with DW, done! It's nice when the legs come back after a marathon. Things are starting to heat up again but it felt kind of good to get a good sweat going. We're off to get a big breakfast burrito and I am going to spend most of my day in my chair with the paper and the hockey game tonight.

Enjoy you Sunday.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Just saw those cake pictures.  Yum.

+2

Oh yes.

+3

LRB

A nap took me.

Hmm, now to find food...where's BBB?  Still on that bike 'eh.

From the Internet.

Afternoon! 8 miles total for me, 6 of those were with my sister who thought she wouldn't be able to make it 5 Smile Lunch with a high school friend after, sitting in the sun in my parents' yard now. Heading home to make dinner in a few.