Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Sadie Hawkins Day Weekend Daily (Read 20 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Hog: So sorry the hear about that.

10.2 miles for me. It was nice running in the cool, dark morning air again! Running the early morning is the best. Now we are all going to watch DD2 run in an XC race. It's her first run in awhile so she is a bit nervous. I signed up for the local 5k. It's next Saturday morning so our Zion trip will be only slightly delayed. Smile

Have a good day.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Snow + Potholes = URD.  I'll make it a gym day instead.

PADRunner

Mitch sorry to hear. that. I hope he goes when he's ready and pain free. I lost both parents to cancer and it's a tough time for everyone.

13.5 this morning in a cold mist. I wanted stay below 140 HR but i was walking so a lot, so went up to 148.  ended with about  13 pace.

Going to look at a treadmill this afternoon.

tracilynn

Nice long run Pad!

I did 7.1M in a feels like of 36° and steady rain. My rain "resistant" jacket was soaked by mile 4 and my arms were frozen   My last 2 miles were the fastest because I was going numb. Cooked myself in a boiling hot bath and now I'm good 

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

Your family is in my thoughts, Mitch Sad

Heading out for a run in a few minutes, just eating a piece of toast with PB now.

Still sort of intrigued by the HR training business, but haven't bought the monitor yet. I have, however, been taking my pulse immediately after I run and it's been right around the range that the Maffetone 180-formula suggests - base number is 152, adjusting for recent surgery would give me 142 but given how minor the surgery was and how recovered I am now, almost 5 weeks out, that might be a little conservative. Splitting the difference and just subtracting 5 gives me 147. I've gotten anywhere from 144-150 by taking my pulse for 10 seconds as soon as I stop my Garmin and multiplying by 6.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Heading out for a run in a few minutes, just eating a piece of toast with PB now.

Still sort of intrigued by the HR training business, but haven't bought the monitor yet. I have, however, been taking my pulse immediately after I run and it's been right around the range that the Maffetone 180-formula suggests - base number is 152, adjusting for recent surgery would give me 142 but given how minor the surgery was and how recovered I am now, almost 5 weeks out, that might be a little conservative. Splitting the difference and just subtracting 5 gives me 147. I've gotten anywhere from 144-150 by taking my pulse for 10 seconds as soon as I stop my Garmin and multiplying by 6.

Unfortunately, that method only gives you the current HR.  With Maffetone, you are never allowed to raise the HR above the MAF number during the whole run, so if you did, you won't know it by this method.

Man, you are young.  152HR, I'm jealous.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

There is a RA user group for low HR training.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Unfortunately, that method only gives you the current HR.  With Maffetone, you are never allowed to raise the HR above the MAF number during the whole run, so if you did, you won't know it by this method.

Man, you are young.  152HR, I'm jealous.

I'm jealous2  !!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There is a RA user group for low HR training.

There are actually two.  The MAF one is called Maffers and the Low HR Training is for all low HR methods.  Not sure if the Maffers is private but if interested, I can ask the admin to let you in.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

PAD and Traci - my hat is off to both of you, running in such wet nasty conditions.  Good job.

Jack - I hope your daughter's meet went well.  I imagine you are enjoying cooler weather at last.

Jerry - hope you had fun at the gym.

Lauren -hope your run went well.

Gray day, but not all that cold (40ish).  Wore new warm tights and a fleece vest over my shirt and I was comfortable, even sweating a little when I was heading away from the wind.  10.8 miles.

tracilynn

What's the best kind of heart rate monitor to get?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

The pace bunny was ahead of me for like 13 hours today, so I went out and ran 10 miles.  First double-digit run since my marathon, and my mileage is back where I want it to be.

I was looking for Mia's harness, because Zoe took it off  (she knows how to bite the clip to open it) when I was running with the dogs on Friday night, and I hadn't been able to find it in the dark.  I didn't see it on the way out, but on the way back, I saw it hanging by the start of the trail.  When I got home, there was a voicemail from the person who found it, so I must have run right by her today.   It's still probably time to get a harness with a clip in another spot.  We can't do a collar because Zoe either pulls it off Mia's head, or bites it hard enough to either open the clip or choke Mia. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What's the best kind of heart rate monitor to get?

If you already have a Garmin, I would buy the Garmin HRM so it can pair up with your watch.  You have the 200 so you can sync it with that and it's one of the datas it keeps.

Only 9.60.  I bloodied and scraped my knee when I fell.  You can see the picture in the other dailies.

Damaris

tracilynn

Ouch to the knee pic

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

I've been reading in the low HR  heart rate thread for the past hour. 

~~~~~~~

Traci