Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #19 aka The Onemile Houston thread (Read 38 times)

DavePNW

The time is irrelevant if you didn't hit your goal, isn't it?!

No.

Dave

Runshortii

Thanks guys! That was rough. It was really windy and I was having some trouble digesting the Maurten gel. But pulled it together and managed to talk myself into not giving up. I know I have a faster time in me but I'll take a 7 minute PR!!

Great job!! You held it together well. I hate wind. I think bad wind annoys me more than heat

bluerun

Super B****

Onemile - if you find out your placings, please post! The website still won’t load and the app doesn’t have them.

Here you go

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OMG, we now have AC/furnace. The Nest blew a fuse and we are hopefully done now. It's 60F inside the house now and I can tell the difference.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

onemile was the 34th in her AG, 138th woman. Great placing on this large race!

Damaris

Thanks guys! That was rough. It was really windy and I was having some trouble digesting the Maurten gel. But pulled it together and managed to talk myself into not giving up. I know I have a faster time in me but I'll take a 7 minute PR!!

Wow!  Kudos!

windy? hmm, time for a sign along

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FxU6-vYZyrE

Cyberic

Your splits look very good. Looks like you felt the wind early on and adjusted soon enough. That is great marathoning in my opinion.

KCRuns

Happy birthday Daffy!

Congratulations, Blue and Onemile!!

I did my super slow run-walk for 20 miles. It’s feels like -15 here today and that’s too cold outside for my lungs, so I had to do it on the treadmill   But it is done. The plus side of doing it at the gym is that I also got 30 minutes on the hydro massage bed 

DavePNW

Your splits look very good. Looks like you felt the wind early on and adjusted soon enough. That is great marathoning in my opinion.

Really. Only about a 1:20 positive split.

Dave

Cyberic

And a 7 minute PR 

onemile

lots of self talk and a strong desire to NOT lose the bet with my coach that would result in me racing in hot pink briefs. 

DavePNW

lots of self talk and a strong desire to NOT lose the bet with my coach that would result in me racing in hot pink briefs. 

LOL. What was the bet?

Dave

onemile

LOL. What was the bet?

Sub-3:10 and he has to wear them. Over 3:10 and it's me.

This bet was made very early on. He later wanted to change it to 3:05 but I declined.

It made for some good trash talk. But since I finally broke out of my 3:15 plateau I may let him off the hook   My suggested bet was a pair of VF for every minute under 3:10 but he wanted to wear the pink panties! :shrug: 

Cyberic

Sub-3:10 and he has to wear them. Over 3:10 and it's me.

This bet was made very early on. He later wanted to change it to 3:05 but I declined.

It made for some good trash talk. But since I finally broke out of my 3:15 plateau I may let him off the hook   My suggested bet was a pair of VF for every minute under 3:10 but he wanted to wear the pink panties! :shrug: 

Hahaha, that's awesome!

DavePNW

IDK which team to root for here, I have a pretty high level of hatred for both of them.

Dave