Beginners and Beyond

Deep Underground - The Runnin' Outta Our Mine 5k RR (Read 87 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Another adventure.  That seems like a really cool course.  I can see why that would draw people.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Ric-G

outside the box type of course...i like it... congrats!

marathon pr - 3:16

SheCan

Congratulations again!  I cannot believe you're running again so soon.  You're just something else indeed.   I had to laugh when I ready this part of your RR:

I got some congratulations on my Burning River finish which was both embarrassing and amusing. Mostly because most of the people around me either appeared in much better shape or completely befuddled as to what Burning River might actually be and why it mattered.\

Are you crazy?  LOL I don't think you see yourself like the rest of us do.  Not only do you appear to be in excellent shape, you actually are stronger than most people ever have been or ever will be.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Trail Monster

Um, ahem (clears throat)  'scuse me.  After running 100 miles, there is a whole lot you can do better than I!

That video was cool, and like George, not what I initially envisioned at all.  The finish times for the top three men and women show that there is interest from a broad spectrum of runners, that event is sure to grow.

Now come coach me!

You're still faster but you can't seem to run evenly without a GPS yet. I'd give up that talent to run as fast as you do! Wink

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Trail Monster

Congratulations again!  I cannot believe you're running again so soon.  You're just something else indeed.   I had to laugh when I ready this part of your RR:

Are you crazy?  LOL I don't think you see yourself like the rest of us do.  Not only do you appear to be in excellent shape, you actually are stronger than most people ever have been or ever will be.

At most races there are always the typical runners who look lean and fast and all stringy muscle. Then there's the gym rat types who have lots of muscle mass and biceps the size of my thigh. I don't think people would ever guess I'm a runner, let alone an ultra runner from looking at me. I know on the inside I'm in great shape but outwardly I look pretty average! Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

No more marathons

At most races there are always the typical runners who look lean and fast and all stringy muscle. Then there's the gym rat types who have lots of muscle mass and biceps the size of my thigh. I don't think people would ever guess I'm a runner, let alone an ultra runner from looking at me. I know on the inside I'm in great shape but outwardly I look pretty average! Smile

Um,  NO.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

SheCan

Um,  NO.

+1, exactly...  you DO look like the serious runner you are, and more then that, its a well earned body, not just lucky genetics.    Just sayin...

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Trail Monster

+1, exactly...  you DO look like the serious runner you are, and more then that, its a well earned body, not just lucky genetics.    Just sayin...

Well thanks BlueSky and She Can. I still don't think I do but I will gladly take a compliment. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

What a cool race! Congrats to you, hubby, and niece!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kettledrum

Very cool race!  Thanks for the video, I had it in my head that you were running around little dimly lit 10 wide corridors as most.   Whoops!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

One unusual venue for a race.  Sounds very interesting.  Reminds me of that event that's done in Kansas City in February, it's done at some underground "old part' of the city, where the temp is a constant 70 and you're running in shorts while you know outside in Kansas City, the winter is howling!    Congrats to you and your hubby and your niece! Y'all are speedy!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt