Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies - Nipple Freaking Cold (Read 50 times)

DavePNW

Winter training can go fuck itself.

FYP, to summarize.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

As with a lot of things running related the novelty wears off and it becomes a chore. I can sing a similar song about me and long runs.

That's an interesting workout Cy. I am guessing it's a ladder of some sort.  Report back with the deets of that bad boy.

The rest will serve you well Dan.

Enjoy the 7 Damaris. Your race outfit was fly by the way!

Boon that is just sick, ergo you are sick. Keep that illness up and your marathon is going to feel like a jog son!

Hi Little Blue! Well the hell is your basement? Antarctica? lol Once you break into a sweat it will feel heavenly.

That is great to hear DP! I see a big fat 70 in your future.

Hi lil. Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there are a fair share of snits in society. One or two is enough as it is, but to seemingly get them all in one serving though can be a bit much, hang in there sweetie!

Nice run CJ. It must feel good to be back. That's a great idea running the sub!

'Sup J. What type of quality do we have on tap this week? Or have you received them yet?

Water and winter do not mix Lauren. Hopefully all ends well!

$5 is more than reasonable for a day pass Dave. Not the $20 I was asked to fork over. !$#%^& &^*+

+1

<3

LRB

LRB

LRB

Running in the cold and dark and snow is fun when it's new.  And you feel badass.  Once that newness wears off you just feel like a dumbass. 

That is pure awesomeness right there!

onemile

'Sup J. What type of quality do we have on tap this week? Or have you received them yet?

Am I the J referenced here?

I have 7x 1k tonight and 2x3 miles on Thursday or Friday.   Plus another 17 miler. 

LRB

I have 7x 1k tonight and 2x3 miles on Thursday or Friday.   Plus another 17 miler. 

You might F around and PR this thing yo. You have been killing it, just sayin'.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I am late to today's festivities, as usual. 7 recovery miles with 6x100 strides are on tap for later. My mileage ramps up to 54 this week so I hope I am ready for it. Training has been going "ok" but so far it's nothing great.

See ya.

DavePNW

Training has been going "ok" but so far it's nothing great.

Seems to be a lot of this going around.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My nipple are immune to the cold...they're inverted. 

Plan on about 3 easy miles today.  Plenty of sunshine, but it's a bit windy outside.  Temp is 51 for a high today, but the wind is making it feel colder.  BRRR!    My back is a bit sore from the long drive home yesterday so may just take today off and give the back another day of rest, and then back at it tomorrow.  See how I feel after work today. Yeah, back at work after 4 days off....lots of darn catching up to do!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

You might F around and PR this thing yo. You have been killing it, just sayin'.

I don't know about that.  I am running about 10mpw less and all of my long runs have been easy paced. No long run quality runs.

LRB

I don't know about that.  I am running about 10mpw less and all of my long runs have been easy paced. No long run quality runs.

The quality has been impressive though. Not sure how it will translate to the big boy (conditions being the X factor) but it's not like you are starting from scratch.

You are not too far removed from a pretty significant base of training and race which may play a part in the equation.

Baboon

delicate flower

You are not too far removed from a pretty significant base of training and race which may play a part in the equation.

I am banking on this myself.  Coach said I have good endurance but was lacking hard efforts.  My body won't magically forget that I ran 2600 miles last year.

<3

LRB

Nice job on the shoutouts. Now I wish I posted earlier. 

Actually, you made it.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1 did 400 repeats. Quincy and Hammy went with me for .4. At the end Poor Hammy. That is hard for him and he did his best to keep up with Quincy. Quincy is fast. I had to keep making him slow down as Hammy was starting to struggle to keep the pace and Quincy wanted to go faster It was 8:20ish already. . Since hammy as been doing around 14 mm with dh that was a big jump for him.

Marjorie