Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Go Out With A Bang (Read 46 times)

meaghansketch

Good morning dailies!

Had a fantastic run this AM.  I was supposed to do 3 mile repeats yesterday but my legs just didn't feel up for it.  Glad I waited a day because today I was flying.  7:46, 7:53, 7:46-- target was 8:00 pace.  I thought after the second one that I had started too fast and I was fading, but managed to pick it up for the last one.  (there's a little bit of elevation change on the 1-mile stretch that I was running back and forth on, it could be that there was just a bit more elevation gain running west than running east)

LRB, Marjorie- hope work eases up a bit!  Nice miles, Marjorie.

Dave- hope your injury starts feeling better soon.

Baboon- that sounds like a fantastic run.  15 at MP is no joke!

Damaris- enjoy your SRD!

Good running, everyone else!  Enjoy your fridays!

LRB

Crap, that's a 15 mile run at marathon pace. .

My last 15 mile run was at mile 15 of my marathon last fall!  You are really eating up the miles man!  Me?  I'm just eating, literally!

Hello Marj, Damaris, Shari, FS, Meaghan!  I'm eating.

What up doe boys!  I am currently eating.

Hey, I am eating.  Did everyone hear that?  I am eating.

Nothing new to report here, I'm just eating right now.

I'll check back later when I'm done eating, but right now I'm eating.

Hope everyone is having a good day, Imma go back to eating.

See ya!

PS: I'm done eating, time to hit the road, peace!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Miami won US most miserable city earlier this week.  Today, it won the prize of country's worst drivers and pedestrian deaths.  I need to get out of here!!

Damaris

Ric-G

well at least you hit a trifectaRoll eyes

Miami won US most miserable city earlier this week.  Today, it won the prize of country's worst drivers and pedestrian deaths.  I need to get out of here!!

simple 7 this AM followed by a graduation party for a friend later this evening. have a good one all!

nice run there baboon.

marathon pr - 3:16

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good afternoon all.

I knocked out 7.5 miles over lunch as a progression run.

Tomorrow is my Burning River adventure, so you guys probably won't hear from me until Sunday night or Monday.

In the meantime, I hope you all have some great runs and races over the weekend!

Baboon...Keep up the great running!  You'll be looking at 7:30 HMP before you know it.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

Massage lady beat the crap out of me today.

Will run for scenery.

Ha Ha!  7:30 is already Half of my Marathon Pace !

Well I've also got a kinda/sorta/? running date on tap.  I'm hiking halfway up Pike's Peak tonight and camping out.  She's got a ticket on the cog rail, so she'll meet me tomorrow AM.  Then we're gonna run to the summit.  About 6 miles, from 10k to 14k feet.

I'm hoping to actually run the first 3 miles. She hasn't done much mountain running, but has hiked a lot, and at some crazy-high elevations (18-20k). We agreed to each go at our own pace.  So we'll see.

Afterwards she plans to hitch-hike down (tourists drive up the toll road and frequently bring runners down), and I'll run/walk down and collect my gear.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good!

Massage lady beat the crap out of me today.

Damaris

delicate flower

I got to work at 7:30 this morning and left at 10:00 thanks to intestinal issues.  Urgh.  I spent the last six hours in bed.  Feeling a little better now but feeling tired and drained.

Docket, Scotty, Burrrrn, meghan, LRB, SIAR, thanks for the comments regarding my run.  I just hope that run wasn't a fluke!  I'm looking forward to my next LR, which isn't something I've said very often. (long runs aren't my favorite)

<3

LRB

I got to work at 7:30 this morning and left at 10:00 thanks to intestinal issues.

Inquiring minds want to read all about it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Baboon, maybe you were running fast away FROM the poop????  Hope you feel better.

Damaris

delicate flower

Inquiring minds want to read all about it.

LOL...I saw that thread and thought it was well timed.  Big grin  I felt fine at the gym this morning and even treadmilled 7 miles.  Damn intestinal pain came on like gangbusters while I was driving into work.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hello friends.

No running today.

Some of you were asking last night why I am so sore and what I was doing for work. My soreness has nothing to do with running (in fact I unfortunately have been able to clock about 5 miles combined all week so far), and everything to do with a training I had to go to for work. Which I will explain.... I work at a school for children with Autism ages 5-21. It is a challenging but incredibly rewarding job. I love all of my kiddos to death. We do have some very very very challenging behaviors that we deal with at our school, however. There are children who are more like young adults (18, 19, 20) at our school some of whom are between 150 and 250 pounds, non-verbal, severely autistic, and have additional mental health/psychiatric diagnoses such as schitzophrenia. They do have the propensity to hit, bite, scratch, punch, kick, and throw furniture. As a result, my school requires everyone become certified in something called SCIP which stands for Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention, which teaches us how to help de-escalate behavior verbally and lots of other calming techniques, but when that does not work it teaches us the correct way to defend ourselves, other children, and a child in crisis in situations where the student is exhibiting behavior that is a danger to him/herself and others around us. We had to learn the correct ways to do everything from punch blocking to full wrap-ups and take downs/ restraint of a child who is in a crisis and will not calm down. Therefore, I spent 3 days, 9:00-5:00 having to learn, practice, practice again, and be tested on all kinds of techniques, including how to safely take down to the floor and restrain a person who is larger than me. THAT is why I am sore! lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hi dailies:

Rick - sorry about the shitty week

Marjorie - ugh, FB is like work sometimes.

DaveP -  that sucks, hope it clears up for you soon

Baboon - rocket fuel, that nice weather is.  Well done.

D - enjoy the SRD.

Scotty - think rain

Redrum - Hawaiian shirt day?

Burrrn - great job, congrats

Free - have fun

meaghan - nice pace

Ric-G - enjoy the party

SIAR - good luck!

Oski - don't they charge extra for that?

Kristin - Oh, very cool.  Surely tiring, though!

5.1 recovery miles, slow and low.

Hip Redux

Jay - I think she gets particular pleasure out of torturing people, so no extra fee needed.  lol