Beginners and Beyond

Time for Tuesdalies (Read 46 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good evening, Dailies!

It's been a few days since I posted here. Been busy with the new position at work.

Anyway, 5 miles this evening. 5 HOT miles, that is, at a sluggish 10 mm pace. A difficult run, which means it was a good run.

Worked as a running course sentry at this year's Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon (which turned out to be a duathlon as a result of 10 inches of rain the previous week - river was too high, too rough, and too much debris to swim). Anyway, that was pretty fun. Other than that, a few 4 and 5 mile runs, I swapped out my old kitchen range for a less-old one, and managed to actually mow the entire lawn.

Hope all are doing well.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Pass me a glass too LRB!  I'm tired and my dinner plans got canceled so I'm on my own tonight.  Okay with that but still

Here you are sugar, a White Zinfandel for you, and a Cabernet for me.

Cheers!

Will run for scenery.

Basya - Is that sun down yet ?

Baboon & Oski - Still grumpy ?

Jay - Win anything today ?

Ric - Any more whine wine ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am having a beer.  That motherfucking fartlek session was bad especially with the headwind carrying dustmites.  I was surprised not to have gotten an anaphylactic attack.

Edited to clarify: it was bad because I couldn't breathe.  The fartleks were very fast.

Damaris

Just B.S.

BS - You guys get some crazy tidal currents, don't you ?  Do they schedule events with that in mind, or is it all just part of the sport ?  I remember watching the tide around Cape Split, NS and it was just insane!

JJS, this is true. Capt Split is at the head of the Bay of Fundy. I live about halfway up. We

actually have the highest tides in the world because of the shape of the bay and the ocean

tides being forced into it. People come here just to watch the tidal bore, the tides are almost

50ft at the top of the bay.

Because of that we are very selective about where we stage our ocean tri's, usually is

protected coves or northern beaches that are not as affected by the tides. That's why we are

driving 4 hours north for this race. Big grin

Hi dailies:

SIAR - good 7

Marjorie - lol, enjoy the rest day

Beth - hmm, sharks sound better, they usually mind their business.

April - nice early run

D - nice job even with the space invaders   mites.  Enjoy the beer.

Basya - almost time to break that fast

Rick - good day for uncorked beverages, I'll have a Riesling please

DaveP - that is a good plan, get DD going on lawn duty for sure

Baboon - sorry about the rough day at work

Oski - as well

C0de - hot hot hot

Lily - glad T-dot was fun, there's always so much to do there

Brr - maybe time to turn into Burrrrn?

RSX - back to reality

Scotty - nice work beating the storms

B+ - excellent

lilac - cross training, nice

MBC - congrats on another successful tri

Kristin - heh, you must have really partied it up

Zelanie - the blerch loses again, awesome

Step - holy cow that's a long drive, glad it was all good

Ron - easy bake oven, more like stew pot here

jjs - nice "hill" run.  I ate a turkey and brie sandwich on ciabatta bread for lunch, it was close enough to winning.

Tom - productive weekend

20.4 steamy miles, just getting them done without falling into "easy" pace, all in the mostly shady confines of Chestnut Ridge.

5.1mi loop splits were 39:11, 39:24, 39:36, 38.55 (w/ no shirt), so I'm happy with the even effort.  It took a lot of water and Powerade.

Also!

Early Sunday AM's hijinks may add up now; the squealing tires and yelping coyotes.

There's a roadkilled coyote down towards the end of my property, so I'm guessing that someone went out of their way to hit it and then ran it over again for good measure before speeding away.  Later, the pack mourned their fallen comrade.

I went to maybe drag it into the woods after smelling it before seeing it, and yeah, no.  Nature's clean up crew is going to finish that job.

B-Plus

12 x 400m @ 1:27, 1:31, 1:32, 1:33, 1:31, 1:29, 1:30, 1:32, 1:31, 1:30, 1:29, 1:27 w/ 200m recoveries. Goal was about 1:30 each.

My splits were a bit sloppy. I don't think the issue was that I didn't have it today; it was just poor execution.

Hip Redux

Also!

Early Sunday AM's hijinks may add up now; the squealing tires and yelping coyotes.

There's a roadkilled coyote down towards the end of my property, so I'm guessing that someone went out of their way to hit it and then ran it over again for good measure before speeding away.  Later, the pack mourned their fallen comrade.

I went to maybe drag it into the woods after smelling it before seeing it, and yeah, no.  Nature's clean up crew is going to finish that job.

Well, that's sad.  Sad   Poor coyote.