Beginners and Beyond

Who wants to run for me SunDAILIES (Read 51 times)

LRB

Watched every last shot! (DVR'ed it though).

Normally I would have, but I already wasted Friday and Saturday watching them stupid Tiger(s) (see what I did there) suck ass against Kansas City, so I was outta here shortly after my run for no other reason than to get away from the TV.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Normally I would have, but I already wasted Friday and Saturday watching them stupid Tiger(s) (see what I did there) suck ass against Kansas City, so I was outta here shortly after my run for no other reason than to get away from the TV.

Nice of the Tigers to continue helping the Indians who continue to lose as well.  I have to say, I'm happy the golf is over if for nothing other than to get more sleep and get away from the tv.  I have a bad habit of watching every shot of a major.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Nice of the Tigers to continue helping the Indians who continue to lose as well.  I have to say, I'm happy the golf is over if for nothing other than to get more sleep and get away from the tv.  I have a bad habit of watching every shot of a major.

The Tigers are like a mosquito bite right on your sphincter, you would like to ignore it, but it itches like crazy so you can't.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The Tigers are like a mosquito bite right on your sphincter, you would like to ignore it, but it itches like crazy so you can't.

Reminds me of a story from my pacing my last ultra....

Short version is that it's hilarious having a woman at an aid station, in total darkness at 2:30 am, handing a man trying to discretely complain about his chafed anal region a bottle of diaper creme and telling him to apply it liberally (and to use his other hand to close the bottle haha).  It's even more funny when she not only describes how to roll up a paper towel and insert it between one's cheeks, but also goes on to demonstrate and rave about the efficacy of such a maneuver.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Fall and Winter are only a couple months away people......... I hope I am not the only one whose excited about this.

Winter still sucks, regardless of how hot it gets.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't know, I love Winter and Fall... yes it is cold but midnight runs in summer don't even come close to midnight runs in winter, the sky is clear and the stars shining... it's just an amazing feeling. Not to mention for runs on the trails at night, the trees are bare and the moon and stars shine through, I don't even need my headlamp for those runs. I hate my summers here, I get used to them eventually but I crave the Winter runs, I run faster and feel better being out there.... though I have to wear clothing and that sucks.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

19.6 done, plan had been 10 on the big hills at 8:00 pace, then 10 on flatter stuff at GMP.

First 10 were right on pace, and the GMP happened for a while but once I got to the top of the "V" hill on my out n back for the second time, I crapped out and could not accelerate again.  Things quickly went south from there and instead of risking my health, I slowed to a jog and soon packed it in entirely, stopping my watch, stripping off my shirt and walking for about a half mile.

So, gotta do lots more GMP during my MLRs apparently.