Beginners and Beyond

#45 of 366 Happy Valentines Day (Read 20 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just under 6 with 5x3 min + 3x2 min. Kept the effort on the easier side.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Rest day for me.  Getting an annoying comes-out-of-nowhere sharp pain in my hip that sometimes lingers and sometimes is a one-time thing.  I don't like sharp pains - they're likely to make me change my gait and mess up other things.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Workday, pool mix.  Likely won’t try to run again until Saturday. Inner thigh and  inside ham area mangle.  Good chance it’s the nerve flossing I’ve been doing, but gotta keep doing it… I do it gently

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 3 after work.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey bruvs.  Pretty lousy conditions outside this morning so I opted for the office treadmill.  9 miles, with 5 x 1 mile tempo/.25 mile recoveries.  Good run.  That is all for today.

<3

sdWhiskers

3 miles

We paid a guy $200 yesterday to clean out all our 2nd floor gutters--best $$ spent in awhile! We've lived in the house about 8 years and never touched those. He estimated it would take an hour but it was more like 3 due to crazy amount of muck in there. And the houses are so close together it's tricky to get a ladder on the one side.

DavePNW

Fred—hope this occurrence is a one-timer!

SDW—that sounds like a good deal; there seems to be virtually no home-related job these days you can get done for less than $300.  

Day 2 of 6am training for me, so hopefully a run later. Scheduled for a workout, we’ll see how that goes.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

SDW—that sounds like a good deal; there seems to be virtually no home-related job these days you can get done for less than $300.  

It's under $200 for the appliance repair guy to walk in the door. I feel like the last few times they didn't fix anything because the repair cost was the same as replacement.

sdWhiskers

yes, cheapest thing in years!

I was definitely a little nervous when DH described how the guy had the ladder balanced and was climbing our fence to get to the one side... no idea if his "company" was insured. But hey, that's why I pay crazy money for homeowner's insurance, right?

Half Crazy K 2.0

yes, cheapest thing in years!

I was definitely a little nervous when DH described how the guy had the ladder balanced and was climbing our fence to get to the one side... no idea if his "company" was insured. But hey, that's why I pay crazy money for homeowner's insurance, right?

LOL. We had a old neighbor who flipped houses and always seemed to "know a guy"'. His guy gave us a quote for new sidingthat was at least $3000 less than any quote. No MHIC license, we said no way. Getting to our chimney and some upper parts on the one side of the house require a very long ladder. This neighbor also offered his snow plow services to the neighborhood. If you paid him $150 before winter started, you got priority plowing. I have no idea if anyone took him up on that very generous offer.

sdWhiskers

LOL. We had a old neighbor who flipped houses and always seemed to "know a guy"'. His guy gave us a quote for new sidingthat was at least $3000 less than any quote. No MHIC license, we said no way. Getting to our chimney and some upper parts on the one side of the house require a very long ladder. This neighbor also offered his snow plow services to the neighborhood. If you paid him $150 before winter started, you got priority plowing. I have no idea if anyone took him up on that very generous offer.

Yeah, for any actual house work, insured/bonded + good BBB is a must.

I hate all of it though. When we had the electricity done for our hot tub a few years, we had 4 different companies come out and provide quotes. Each one told us we needed entirely different things 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yeah, for any actual house work, insured/bonded + good BBB is a must.

I hate all of it though. When we had the electricity done for our hot tub a few years, we had 4 different companies come out and provide quotes. Each one told us we needed entirely different things 

I hate Verizon previously Bell Atlantic with a passion. When I moved out for the first time, they told me at least 3 different things I needed to get a second 2nd line to the townhouse where I was renting a room. This was back in the day when you did not have unlimited minutes on a cell phone and I spent close to $100 on the various calls arguing with them to at least show for their appointments. When we dumped our landline here, it was mostly because I called for service (landline was used on the home security system) and they sent a Fios sales rep out. And tried to do it a second time. I am not quite sure how Comcast is ranked worse than they are for customer service.

DavePNW

I am not quite sure how Comcast is ranked worse than they are for customer service.

I have no doubt that many people could give you similarly aggravating Comcast experiences.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have no doubt that many people could give you similarly aggravating Comcast experiences.

Oh, we've had issues with them too. But Verizon has always been worse.