Beginners and Beyond

Garmin Foot Pod (Read 44 times)

Zelanie

Mine took the D-tag and race bib out of my marathon bag, but luckily didn't eat them in favor of the granola bars I got from the expo.

Mine started nibbling on the foot pod while it was on my shoe on my foot!

You guys can't say you had a 'fro and not have photos to share.

Those pics will never see the light of day again if I can help it.

My wife never actually saw any until we had been married about 8 years and went to my 20-yr HS reunion. Someone thought it was a great idea to pull out the old yearbook. My wife just looked at my pic and said, laughing, "you look like an idiot" in front of a bunch of people she had just met.

So, yeah.

Dave

LRB

That's awesome! lol

delicate flower

So speaking of foot pods, check out the readings I got on my treadmill run this afternoon:

Mile 1:  8:46

Mile 2:  5:34

Stopped running, turned off device and turned it back on, fiddled with foot pod a little, started running again...

Mile 3:  8:43

Mile 4:  8:29

Mile 5:  7:12

Mile 6:  2:56

Mile 7:  2:55

So 6.8 miles in 43:33 at 6:24 avg pace.

Da fuck?

I think I'll just take a mile away manually so my avg pace isn't all out of whack.

<3

LRB

So speaking of foot pods, check out the readings I got on my treadmill run this afternoon:

Mile 1:  8:46

Mile 2:  5:34

Stopped running, turned off device and turned it back on, fiddled with foot pod a little, started running again...

Mile 3:  8:43

Mile 4:  8:29

Mile 5:  7:12

Mile 6:  2:56

Mile 7:  2:55

So 6.8 miles in 43:33 at 6:24 avg pace.

Da fuck?

I think I'll just take a mile away manually so my avg pace isn't all out of whack.

Da fuck is right. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mine gets faster every mile.  I don't want my 100F to come back but I am curious to see what the TomTom will spit out on the TM.

Damaris

LRB

Mine gets faster every mile.  I don't want my 100F to come back but I am curious to see what the TomTom will spit out on the TM.

The Tom Tom has a foot pod?

Hip Redux

The Tom Tom has a foot pod?

Doesn't need it - has an internal accelerometer (measures by arm swing/cadence).  It was pretty spot-on when I used it, but I don't TM often enough for a full report on accuracy.

LRB

Doesn't need it - has an internal accelerometer (measures by arm swing/cadence).  It was pretty spot-on when I used it, but I don't TM often enough for a full report on accuracy.

Is that what you meant by the last post in your thread? I wondered about that but thought you may have been speaking of something else.

Hip Redux

Is that what you meant by the last post in your thread? I wondered about that but thought you may have been speaking of something else.

Yessir!