Beginners and Beyond

Soaked Penguin's ToosDAILY (Read 25 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Ginny - No laptop.  No tornados.  We did get some nice rain, but now sun.  Hopefully you guys will get some nice weather too.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  It's supposed to rain all day today, and tomorrow too.  So I didn't bother to water my plants!  Dusty was very reluctant to go outside this morning -- he really just wanted to sleep on the futon.  Finally when the call of nature got too strong to ignore, he dashed outside, peed, and ran back in.  And then apparently it was necessary that I pet him, because a humongus wet dog is the friendliest kind!

Jerryb -- have a good mile or two!!

Stone -- sorry about the meh, hope you have a good run!!

Phillie -- blech!!  Hope at least there is coffee and bagels!!

Docket -- have a good steamy 11!!

Jack -- 10 miles on a track ... how did you not get dizzy??

hog -- hope the storms aren't bad!!  Sorry to hear about the folks killed ...

awood -- good morning!!

Zelanie -- have a good sunshine run!!

scotty -- I can ship you some rainwater, if you like!  Glad you had a BEAUTIFUL morning!!

PAD -- maybe I should ship you some rainwater too!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: No Hansons. Since my PF forced me to take some time off, I kind of came up up my own plan. It's only four days a week and reduced mileage.

HsM: I changed direction every few miles. Wink

Singer who runs a smidge

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

HsM - Dogs love to share.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

sapf, I ran at 5am yesterday. It was already 82F.  I don't have time to run in the mornings as I am at the office by 7am and even then it's as hot as the rest of the day.  Boo.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

HsM - Dogs love to share.

Yes, they like to share their wet fur, their dog slobber, their noxious big dog farts, and anything edible that's really mine!!  And they also share their big brown eyes, their head sleeping on your lap, their excitement at going for a walk, and their waggy waggy tails.  I'm such a sucker ...

obiebyke

Mitch, thinking of you. I'm in tornado alley, too, but in the north. Scary stuff.

I had a great PT appointment this morning. Going to try my first Bodypump class after work.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning, everyone.

3.3 miles done yesterday and again this morning.

Looks like we are in for a nice batch of rain through the end of the week.  Hopefully, no tornadoes like the folks west of us have had to deal with.

Running for TJ because he can't.

hog4life

sapf, after the bad outbreak of tornados in Alabama in 2011, a lot of public storm shelters were constructed, but unfortunately, there are lots of people that will still "ride it out" at there home. Mobile homes have zero chance of survival if they take a hit, even from a small hit.

hog4life

Mitch, thinking of you. I'm in tornado alley, too, but in the north. Scary stuff.

I had a great PT appointment this morning. Going to try my first Bodypump class after work.

Aww, gee thanks obie! I wish I could find words to describe some of the stuff I witnessed from 2011. To say it mildly, it's a real eye opener if you've never seen the destruction first hand. It's beyond belief! It's kind of weird too, that the "tornado alley" has shifted more to the east than what we thought of from 30-40 years ago.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mitch, that is so sad. The weather this year has been crazy.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning Penguins!

Today I'm aiming for 5.5 miles to bring me to 90 miles for the month of April :-)  This will be the first time I break 90 miles in a month.  I also looked up my race info for the Brooklyn Half.  Wave 2, Corral 35.  I'm happy to be in wave 2 because it means I get to sleep in a bit later on race day.  Corral 35 (out of 40 in total) is maybe a little farther back than I expected to be, but the Brooklyn Half is apparently a big/competitive race.  I think it has more than 25,000 entrants.  Should be an interesting experience.  DH is going to meet me at the end with a swimsuit to hang out on the beach if the weather is nice that day.

Jerry - take your recovery nice and slow.

SF - you'll get past the "meh" phase :-)  Just start looking forward to your next race.

PF - looks like a couple straight days of rain here too.  I'm going to try to get out there before the storm hits.

DR - 11 in 90+ weather?  I don't know how you do it.  I think the summer will have me up at 5am daily to avoid the heat.  I felt sweaty and melty yesterday in 65 degree weather...

Jack - enjoy your rest day.

hogs - is there no safe place people can go during these storms?

zel - enjoy your 6

scotty - a lot of my family lives down in San Antonio.  Are the drought restrictions really that bad?

PAD - good job getting in the miles

We can't use sprinklers anymore, can only use the hose to water our grass, gardens, etc., by hand.   You can only use your sprinkler system one time a week between certain hours of the day and your 'sprinkler day' is determined by the last digit in your home address number.   If we get to the next stage of restrictions, than we can water only every other week.

Lots of public swimming pools are open in the summer on 'rotating' days - like 3 days open, 2 days closed, and so forth....

All non-public swimming pools must have a minimum of 25 percent of the surface area covered with evaporation screens when not in use.

Residential car washing allowed during drought once per week on Saturday or Sunday only as long as there is no water waste.  Water waste includes allowing water from any source to run off into a gutter, ditch, or storm drain

All golf courses, athletic fields and parks must submit a conservation plan to the San Antonio Water System (our 'water police')

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Aww, gee thanks obie! I wish I could find words to describe some of the stuff I witnessed from 2011. To say it mildly, it's a real eye opener if you've never seen the destruction first hand. It's beyond belief! It's kind of weird too, that the "tornado alley" has shifted more to the east than what we thought of from 30-40 years ago.

Yes, that kind if destruction is terrible to see, even on TV, and much worse when you are there in person.  I feel for you, Mitch, and for the victims.  I never want to go through that scenario again.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

Jerry-- well, at least you're trying.  Most important part is not to further damage it, so just be careful.

SF-- Hey... yeah, us runners tend to do that up and down day cycle.  Tomorrow will be better.

Mitch--  I was worrying about all you southern people last night.   Stay on guard tonight.  I totally second what you say about there is no destruction like that of a tornado.  Unfortunately, coming from the midwest I've seen so much of it.  For the last 10 years, south Missouri really has been hammered.  Everyone i know from around there has been affected (lost relatives, their houses, pets, have panic attacks/storm anxiety, etc) all from the tornadoes.

Scotty-- weren't y'all getting some serious floods about this time of year last year?  Seems like I remember all your running routes were flooded.  Funny how this year you're doing the drought thing.  Well, I'm glad you're at least getting some cooler weather for a bit.

Ginny-- the rain actually sounds pretty nice.  Sure glad you're not in the tornado path though.

Sapf-- 25,000 people.  Wow that's huge!  I've never ran in a race with anywhere near that many people.  Congrats on the new PR on monthly mileage!

HsM-- Dusty sounds like he has so much personality!  I'm jealous of your rain though.  Stay safe today.

I did 5-1/2 today.  With the weather so much in the news this week, I feel lucky to have the good weather we have.  Was in the low/mid 60s for my run, and now just over 70*.  Like always around this time of year though, we're pretty dry.  It'll likely continue that way until the monsoons come in in early July.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson