Beginners and Beyond

Vancouver Sun Run 10k fun run report (Read 73 times)

hog4life

Holy smokes, that's a lot of people! Thanks for sharing.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That is a HUGE 10K, and an awesome display of solidarity.  Awesome job, and good luck next weekend.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That's a lot of folks!  So many Great Legs to chase!  I wanna do this one! Big grin

Congrats on your 10K!  Nice report and nice photos!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

Wow! Very very nice! All those people running, how incredible, absolutely beautiful pictures! And so moving that you ran for Boston in your 2010 shirt, nicely done. Thank you for sharing a great RR with us. We don't always race for time and this was proof of it and a damn good reason too.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Sounds like a good time, B-Plus.  That is a seriously large 10K field.  Yowsers.

<3

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Dude, you crack me up.  Running just like every testosterone loaded male does "checking out her ass".   Funny, gotta love your honesty.  And I rolled when you wrote below.  Good choice on respecting the slower runners, glad you could support the effort.

I considered trying to drop a 3:30 or so last split just for the fun of it, but there were so many people on the bridge I decided to just keep the pace easy.

Ball of Fury

Nice race...that is an insane amount of people!  Very cool!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

RSX

Very cool race report with great pictures. I can't believe how many runners how up for a 10k. We will be booking our belated honeymoon there, and I look forward to seeing your great city.

Good stuff! Nice run report and pictures. I love reading about runners everywhere this weekend coming together.

Pinktastic

Holy cannoli, that was a TON of people for 1 race!!   I probably would have had a nervous breakdown in a crowd that size!   Thanks for sharing your RR - I can just see you running the race as you described!   Good luck in your next race!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Bin Running

Nice race.. Beautiful pics.. LOL @ cute ass gal too..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Wow, that's a mammoth event!  I think a lot of us found ways to be involved with running this past weekend, and it just felt right to do so.  Thanks to the Canadians for showing their solidarity too.  You'll be able to run that event as a seeded runner very shortly I'd imagine.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Canuck

I was there as well, running slowly and wearing blue and yellow as I'm just getting over an injury.  I didn't have any problem PRing from the yellow corral last year, my goal is to eventually be able to get into that blue corral though (sub 44 for women I believe).  Love looking back down Georgia St at the masses of people, never fails to amaze.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)