Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

Hip Redux

What happened?  Did I miss it?   Your kitty is cute though!

I had my foot surgery Monday. My follow up is next Tuesday, but everything seems so good so far. 

Will run for scenery.

Haha, nothing like a sweet kitty to cheer up a DL post.

What was the surgery ?

MTA : My cat would so be all over that loose end of the bandage.  He goes medieval on shit like that!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

I had an accessory bone removed from my foot. I hurt it back in April, but put the surgery off because 1) I had been planning a trip to Scotland (which I just got back from) and 2) I was hoping it would heal with rest. Reading running forums makes me too antsy to run, so I've been trying to stay away. Tongue

And thanks LRB. I'm happily surprised someone remembers me. Big grin

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

LRB

Reading running forums makes me too antsy to run, so I've been trying to stay away.

Another one of those 'eh?  There way too many of those types, we need a therapy session for all of you!  What do you do when you see someone outside running, turn around!  lol

I used to follow them myself, until the cops got involved that is.  "But honest sir, I am an injured runner.  I was just looking at his gait."  Blush

bluerun

Super B****

Another one of those 'eh?  There way too many of those types, we need a therapy session for all of you!  What do you do when you see someone outside running, turn around!  lol

I used to follow them myself, until the cops got involved that is.  "But honest sir, I am an injured runner.  I was just looking at his gait."  Blush

You don't mean follow them with a dart gun?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

You don't mean follow them with a dart gun?

Well, I suppose it depends on your disposition.  Yeah, you would definitely have a dart gun!

How is your knee?  Could it be shoe related?  Last time I saw you were ordering like a pair a day!  Tongue

bluerun

Super B****

Well, I suppose it depends on your disposition.  Yeah, you would definitely have a dart gun!

How is your knee?  Could it be shoe related?  Last time I saw you were ordering like a pair a day!  Tongue

A dart gun would be a concession to my true preference... ahem.

Hey, I was ordered to buy myself five pairs for my birthday and I've only bought two!!  Give me some credit, here!  It's probably not shoe related, anyway... I'm just a general disaster.  It's better than it was a few days ago but it's not ideal.  It also doesn't look so pretty... gotta love ASTYM bruises, right?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry about the foot, but love the cat.

I had my foot surgery Monday. My follow up is next Tuesday, but everything seems so good so far. 

Sarah, I am sorry to hear about the SFx.

Hubby's shin splints are not hurting anymore, but he has not received his package of the ice strap and stuff.  Hoping to get him back out there by Monday.  Someone is going to do marathon training on steroids by adding extra runs with hubby miles.

Damaris

LRB

It also doesn't look so pretty... gotta love ASTYM bruises, right?

I have not dealt with the phenomena (knocks on wood), but I hear tell it hurts like hell and looks about the same.  I cannot wait to see you back it though, your times were dropping like mad!

LRB

...but love the cat.

We are a group of cat lovers, disguised as runners.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Some with more lovers, I mean cats, than others.

We are a group of cat lovers, disguised as runners.

Damaris

LRB

Some with more lovers, I mean cats, than others.

Yeah, I do not even have one. lol

Cats are cool though, of the half dozen or so I have had, the coolest was named Houdini.  Man I miss that dude, he was like a real person.  Did everything 'cept speak in English!  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Each cat has its own personality.  It's nice to have several and learn of each of their quirks.

And a house full of cats is so fucking funny.  I am usually yelling WTF?  Or laughing my ass off.

Damaris

DavePNW

I was going to post on the monthly miles thread, but decided this was the better place for whining.

42.3 miles for August!! By pure coincidence, almost a duplicate of my 39.9 in July! Fuck it. Angry

I am currently on zero running for ~2.5 weeks. No idea how much longer I should wait, but thinking about testing it out sometime this weekend. I am desperately anxious to do so, but dreading the possibility that I will find out there is no improvement.

Dave

happylily

I was going to post on the monthly miles thread, but decided this was the better place for whining.

42.3 miles for August!! By pure coincidence, almost a duplicate of my 39.9 in July! Fuck it. Angry

I am currently on zero running for ~2.5 weeks. No idea how much longer I should wait, but thinking about testing it out sometime this weekend. I am desperately anxious to do so, but dreading the possibility that I will find out there is no improvement.

Dave, no running at all is what helped me. It's tough mentally, but sometimes it needs to be done. You can keep your cardio fitness up with other activities while you are not running. It sucked to sit on a stationary bike for hours, in the garage, but it sure helped me to come back quickly to descent mileage once the pain was gone. You've been running long enough that when your pain is completely gone, your return to running won't be too difficult. So sorry that your marathon is out the window, though. I know how frustrating that must be, believe me. But you will have the Fall and winter to build up and train for an awesome Spring marathon.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010