Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILY Penguins Scream for Ice Cream (Read 25 times)

TxDiverMom

Been quite a while since I posted anything on here.  But I've still been running!  I've moved back to Houston from Lafayette and have started doing track work one day a week.  This past Saturday I ran m miles in 1:02 (so close to my goal of 1:00) and 6 miles in 1:15.  I hardly ever run below 12:30 anymore, so I've gotten WAY faster than my tortoise speed of 14:00 mm last summer.

Form clinic with the local running club tonight.  I'll probably run 3-4 easy.  This Saturday starts HM training.  I'm doing San Antonio RNR in Nov. and I got into the Houston Half lottery.  It's not till January, but I should be good to go by then.  I've been doing 14-18 / week all summer.  My new job is 3 miles from my house!  Life is good!

Melissa

tracilynn

Quick update -  The feeling of being stabbed by an ice-pick is back.  I'm still not sure if it's the bone or muscle, since it emanates from the spot where the muscle attaches to the pubic bone - but in either case, I can't run.  There goes nine months of training and two more race fees.  Given how long pelvic sfx take to heal, I'm done.

Ginny, Im so sorry.  How long has it been?  A year ago, My MIL got inspired by my running and started C25K but went NUTS and didnt take rest days and fractured her pelvis- inferior ramus.  Its been exactly a year for her so she started doing walking and then decided to power walk a steep hill last weekend and the pain came back.  She went to the doctor yesterday and it shows "uptake in the dye" so its fractured again! Not as bad as the first time but enough.  She is so bummed because she has been on calcium and vit D meds etc.  The doc told her its typically an 18 month rehab.

Will you have a bone scan to confirm?

Im so sorrySad

~~~~~~~

Traci

Sloooow.

Been quite a while since I posted anything on here.  But I've still been running!  I've moved back to Houston from Lafayette and have started doing track work one day a week.  This past Saturday I ran m miles in 1:02 (so close to my goal of 1:00) and 6 miles in 1:15.  I hardly ever run below 12:30 anymore, so I've gotten WAY faster than my tortoise speed of 14:00 mm last summer.

Form clinic with the local running club tonight.  I'll probably run 3-4 easy.  This Saturday starts HM training.  I'm doing San Antonio RNR in Nov. and I got into the Houston Half lottery.  It's not till January, but I should be good to go by then.  I've been doing 14-18 / week all summer.  My new job is 3 miles from my house!  Life is good!

Melissa

Edited for seeing what I wanted to see, haha.

Good to see you back! I hope you have fun at the form clinic tonight.

Sloooow.

Ginny, I'm so so sorry about the pain Sad That's awful to hear.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh.  That sucks.  Are you going to the doctor to make sure?

Quick update -  The feeling of being stabbed by an ice-pick is back.  I'm still not sure if it's the bone or muscle, since it emanates from the spot where the muscle attaches to the pubic bone - but in either case, I can't run.  There goes nine months of training and two more race fees.  Given how long pelvic sfx take to heal, I'm done.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, TX!

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6 miles of run/walking w/dw.  Hip is behaving.  Maybe up it to half mile intervals next week.

Coralie and Ginny, feel better soon.

Traci, where are the coupons? I had one but it expired.  Thought they wouldn't take them with liquidation shoes.

tracilynn

That coupon code worked on liquidation shoes. I used it today  Not sure when it expires. Ask coralie she is the coupon queenBig grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Melissa

Hi Melissa.  3 miles to work is good, but 2 is even better.  Life is great  !!!  Good luck with RnR.  I would love to do one someday.

Sloooow.

The FB15D coupon ONLY works on clearance and liquidation items, not regular priced items.

Bin Running

Scotty, thanks for that sound advice..Marvel t-shirt ordered from Amazon.. Was talking to DW and she is telling me DS wouldn't wanna wear matching tee come teenage yrs...

Jack, loved the RR..

Mel, that's so cool that you can just run 7M to a relative house... a glass of beer should be still below the breath test, right? In case, you know.. you are stopped for speeding..

HopesMom, so mowing is lawn is the chores everyone avoid? hee

Dave, sorry abt missing that 5K.. Enjoy the HM coming in 5 weeks.. with a stronger base, you nvr know.

Ginny, sorry abt the hip still acting up.. get it check if you can..

Awood, 72 is consider good? Or, are you looking for torture?

Coralie, rest well.. new shoes! wohoo~!! Photo please.. You are really a coupon lady..

Cherie, I am just bigger than DS.. he's the angrier and mightier one.. haa.. He just poke my eyes the other day.. Congrats on a bad run turning good.. That's a kepper..

Traci, I think I might have missed the bikinis. will get back to it once I am home.. haa

Melissa, hello~! 3M to work is great.. I am near to work too.. but I never run to work due to the logistic..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Probably not going to the doctor, as he'll just tell me to rest it.  That's all he ever says. (I saw him twice and my husband once.  In a small town your options are pretty limited.)  An MRI would just be wasted money, as the result is the same - if it hurts, don't run.  I'm due to see my GP next month, so I'll ask her if she has any recommendations, but I don't expect much.

Bin Running

Probably not going to the doctor, as he'll just tell me to rest it.  That's all he ever says. (I saw him twice and my husband once.  In a small town your options are pretty limited.)  An MRI would just be wasted money, as the result is the same - if it hurts, don't run.  I'm due to see my GP next month, so I'll ask her if she has any recommendations, but I don't expect much.

Maybe try some hip strenghtening exercise if it doesn't hurt?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The FB15D coupon ONLY works on clearance and liquidation items, not regular priced items.

Thanks Coralie.  It worked, but I added a second shoe and I tried to refresh it and it submitted the order with 1 discount.  Guess I'm not a good couponer.

Zelanie

Oh Ginny, I'm so sorry.  I hope that it is not as bad as it seems.

Melissa- Welcome back!  Glad to hear that you're still running strong!