Beginners and Beyond

Consecutive days running... (Read 74 times)

happylily

Hahaha!  I know I'd need to....

I take days off mostly because I like having days where I don't run. It gives my life balance.  I think my body probably needs light days, whether a totally non-running day is necessary or not, I dunno.  My mind and soul, though, say "Yes, baby, drink wine tonight; sleep in tomorrow!"

I completely get that ^. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

4 years racing, 14 marathons, 14 BQs     

Mmmmm...beer

Jack, take a day off and drink a beer or 3.

Or keep running, and still have the beer. 

-Dave

2014 Goals | sub-19 5k done! | sub-40 10k | sub-1:25 HM | BQ done! | sub-3 M

LRB

Dreamer

Or keep running, and still have the beer. 

Then go run again! 

"Training is not always fun, but it should always be rewarding."

LRB

Dreamer

My mind and soul, though, say "Yes, baby, drink wine tonight; sleep in tomorrow!"

Helloooo my darling!

"Training is not always fun, but it should always be rewarding."

You seem to be at a level of fitness where you can handle running everyday. If you feel good and want to run, run. If not, take a day off. Just don't streak for the sake of streaking, like others have said. I'm currently on day 33. Prior to that I was at 50+ with a day off between these 2 streaks. I'll probably take a day off in a week and a half due to a planned hangover.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Brad, I can't empathize at your level of fitness because I think you're probably killing it lately......EXCEPT to say......when I was running 30mpw, I found myself doing 6 days in a row each week which was not my usual self  but I found myself feeling better and better as the consecutive days of running became routine.

I contribute that to running differently than I had before.  Instead of 4 days a week of same old, same old, it was mixed up all the way including speedwork days, fartlek days, easy days, etc. (of course race-motivation helps)

But I think I started to feel more like a "machine" and less of a scheduled runner.

(shrug)

Randy