Beginners and Beyond

Monday Morning Penguins! (Read 23 times)

GinnyinPA

Awood - I'm glad you enjoyed the race and your back didn't give you too much trouble.

Scotty - hurray for 5.5 miles, even though it was in the rain.

Kristin - enjoy your taper week.  When do you leave for Hawaii?

Jerry - why is work so quiet right now?  Good luck with the MRI.  When Jim had his knee surgery, his GP ordered an MRI.  His orthopedist told him, "I never use these.  X-ray is good enough."  Oh well.

Damaris - enjoy your rest day, if that's what you end up with.

PADRunner - live race schedule????  What do you do that involves racing, and what kind?

Z - enjoy your taper week.  You're going to rock your race next weekend.

Jack - hope the heat doesn't slow you down too much.

HM- sounds like a fun music filled week and weekend.  I hope all goes well.

Lauren - enjoy your five and weights.

AFM:  another cold rainy day, so I'm glad it's a rest day.  We got soaked walking Ben and I really don't want to go out again.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I just want to find one that will be scenic and interesting.  I've run in 7 states now, and I love a different view.  I'm also hoping for something 2015.  I need to buckle down and focus on my 2014 5K goals now.  I'm sure there are some cool relays out there.  Thomas mentioned one in Texas.  That could be cool.

You know, Awood, we could always try and set something up for the future in May in Texas.  I was thinking of the Beach to Bay Marathon.  This is a RELAY marathon, the largest relay marathon in the US, so you don't run the whole marathon.  6-people teams and we each run a leg.  The first leg starts on the beach of one of the Corpus Christi bays near the Gulf of Mexico and the last leg finishes at a park by another bay.  The majority of legs all have a few scenic views of the Gulf - especially the 3rd leg, which runs over the bridge.

If any of the other Penguins are interested in doing this in the future - say 2015 or 2016 - we could put a team together and also have a nice Penguin FE.   Here is the link for Beach to Bay so you can get information.  It can be warm since it's done in May but it really is a fun event.

Corpus is about 2 and a half hours from San Antonio.

Beach to Bay:   http://www.beachtobayrelay.com/

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty -That's a shorter relay, but could be a lot of fun.  That would leave us plenty of time to "hydrate" and socialize afterwards.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awood: I did not see any Ragnar dates for 2015 but there is a Napa Valley race out here in September.

Hey, FYI, we registered for Surf City.  Is that close to you?

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hey, FYI, we registered for Surf City.  Is that close to you?

Yes, it is. There is a HM and full. It is a BIG race, well over 20,000, I think. Probably a silly question, but did you sign up for the HM or full?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, it is. There is a HM and full. It is a BIG race, well over 20,000, I think. Probably a silly question, but did you sign up for the HM or full?

Yeap, silly question.

Damaris

Dad on the run.

Hey all! Hope everyone is having a great Monday! 10 days until baby Lucas arrives!!!!! So excited.

My 10k training is going pretty good, I was suppose to run a 5 and 6 miler this weekend buy my calves were starting to really hurt giving the 12 straight days of running. I'm going to get back at it tonight though and just listen to the body this time around and not force anything that doesn't feel right.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

PADRunner

PADRunner - live race schedule????  What do you do that involves racing, and what kind?

I work at Lone Star Park, Network Administrator. Thoroughbred Horse racing in the spring and Quarter Horse in the fall.. Weird schedule this year, Tue-Sat for part of the season and Wed-Sun for the rest.

on my way to badass

Hey Penguins!

It seems that most of the racers had a good weekend.   Congrats on having fun and doing well!

I'm getting some miles in and adapting workouts to fit my training plan.  Just under 3 weeks to my first 10K.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I didn't get to see Di. Her rce was the Cherry BLOSSOM 10 Miler, a huge race of 30,000 people in DC while mine was the Cherry PIT 10 Miler, a small, local, no chip timing no frills race in a rural area of MD. I will meet her one day though she lives by my boyfriend!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Just checked DW' Garmin to log her run today.  4.1 @ 9:38.   Better find her a new RP  !!!!  

Zelanie

I didn't get to see Di. Her rce was the Cherry BLOSSOM 10 Miler, a huge race of 30,000 people in DC while mine was the Cherry PIT 10 Miler, a small, local, no chip timing no frills race in a rural area of MD. I will meet her one day though she lives by my boyfriend!

Rats! I was hoping it was the same race!