Beginners and Beyond

SpiBelt, FlipBelt, etc...... (Read 84 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Curious as to what folks might be using as of late.  I'll be honest, it's more for my cycling since I got bike shorts than for running but would like it for both as time change is coming and might need to drag my phone w/ me if I run after work, near work.  And, I refuse to wear arm bands.  It'll be a waist pack/belt or I'll literally wear a string backpack.

Flipbelt looks like a smart idea except $30 is pretty rich for such a simple product.

Randy

Hip Redux

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Thanks, Oski and I rode w/ a guy who had all that stuff but I just want something for my key & phone.  That's it.  And I think if I can get something I can run with then I'd probably take my phone with me too which I know the wife would love as I've never done that before.

I can't quite tell if SpiBelt can hold a phone or not and one of the reviews I read said it couldn't and another said that even if it could, the Spibelt will wick sweat & that could render your phone wet too.  (shrug)

Randy

Little Blue

I have an Amphipod belt, which is pretty much the same as Spibelt.  It fits my flip phone, keys, ID, and I'm sure I could cram a Gu in there if I were so inclined.

It also doubles as a belt to secure my tights, which are slightly too large.  And surprisingly, doesn't bounce at all.  I forget it's there.

Amphipod belt

Supersono99

I really like my flipbelt. My only complaint is that the openings are sometimes hard to find as they blend in so well. I only use it to carry my phone and it is very comfortable and doesn't bounce or cut into me at all. I have also put my id in it for races. I liked it over my spibelt as the spibelt buckle chaffed me and the elastic was uncomfortable to me. My flipbelt just seems like my waistband.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In the past, I have used both.  Now I pick shorts and skirts with many pockets and I don't carry anything.  Out of the ones I have tried, they all bounce on my hips but the one that bounced the least was the Flip Belt.

Damaris

tracilynn

My iPhone fits in my spibelt.   The pocket is real stretchy

~~~~~~~

Traci

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

With a spibelt, if you sweat your shit gets wet.

It will hold a large phone, you would just need a ziploc bag.

Runner with a riding problem.

Supersono99

With a spibelt, if you sweat your shit gets wet.

It will hold a large phone, you would just need a ziploc bag.

same thing with the flipbelt, it comes with a Ziploc to start out with.

RunswithBeer

I use the SpiBelt. iPhone, keys and id, no problem. Doesn't bounce. It's great. Do use a ziploc bag for your phone.

tracilynn

My spibelt came with a removeable waterproof pouch thingy. Works great. Use it when I kayak too.

~~~~~~~

Traci

outoftheblue

The spibelt holds my iphone, keys, money, etc. without a problem.  I do wrap my phone in saran wrap for long runs to keep it  from getting sweaty.

Life is good.

I use a SpiBelt and it fits my (ginormous) Galaxy S4. I don't have any issues with bouncing, but I think it encourages my shorts to ride up. That might be a problem with any sort of belt, though.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

delicate flower

Another vote for the SpiBelt.  I wear it around my hip bones with the pocket in the back.  It does not bounce at all and I barely notice it's there.

If you're looking for something for biking though, see Oski's post.  I see no reason to keep something on your body when you can just tuck it into a small saddlebag.  Plus, you said you just want  "something for your key and phone."  Son, if you are biking, get a spare tube and tire levers and keep them in your saddlebag.  You WILL get a flat tire soon. 

<3