Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #114 (Read 25 times)

sdWhiskers

I'm going to ask Coach to give me a 70 mile week and see what she says. If I'm going to try, it needs to be before MrW is back at work a bunch.

RunningOnSand

70 mile week 

This is also unfathomable and amazing to me.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm going to ask Coach to give me a 70 mile week and see what she says. If I'm going to try, it needs to be before MrW is back at work a bunch.

I'm still fighting to reach 50... and drowning 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sdWhiskers

I'm still fighting to reach 50... and drowning 

I struggled to stay in the 50s this past Fall. Not body but schedule-wise and mentally.

onemile

I ran 9 with the BAB workout.  Coach said I need to start running these faster and I had my doubts about being able to do that but surprised myself today

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am also asking for a big mileage week before I head back to the office. Since we have not gotten to that point yet, the date of that is TBD. Have fun!

Damaris

DavePNW

Let us know! Then we will second-guess your coach for you.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 9 with the BAB workout.  Coach said I need to start running these faster and I had my doubts about being able to do that but surprised myself today

Nice! Hoping the wind and rain weren't too bad. I ran with the wind and rain sideways which made the run hillier.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Let us know! Then we will second-guess your coach for you.

I love how responsive she is.

She says:

I'd say 33% increase from whatever the highest in the last month has been, so if that's 45, I'm good with you hitting 60. You've been pretty injury free but more than that and I do get nervous. I would give you a couple doubles and maybe 15 LR not 20 and that'll make it doable--just a lot of laundry!"

DavePNW

Well it’s done.

5 onemile 970.95 mi 135:49:23.7
                      6 DavePNW 969.82 mi 134:00:04.94

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love how responsive she is.

She says:

I'd say 33% increase from whatever the highest in the last month has been, so if that's 45, I'm good with you hitting 60. You've been pretty injury free but more than that and I do get nervous. I would give you a couple doubles and maybe 15 LR not 20 and that'll make it doable--just a lot of laundry!"

I would just hit that and do something extra either every run or add a double when you don't have them and hit 65 or 70. But that is just me.

I have a number on my mind for my big mileage week which will probably be more than what my coach will recommend so then I'll try to have that as my A goal, B goal somewhere in between and C goal what my coach will give me.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well it’s done.

And she ain't looking back!

Damaris

DavePNW

And she ain't looking back!

My asthma is being aggravated by all this dust.

Dave

DavePNW

I have a number on my mind for my big mileage week which will probably be more than what my coach will recommend so then I'll try to have that as my A goal, B goal somewhere in between and C goal what my coach will give me.

And the thing is you probably need to start the week on track for your A goal, because otherwise you’re unlikely to hit it. If it becomes too much, you back off to B or C. Pretty much like a race I guess.

Dave

onemile

Well it’s done.

who cares about that, check out the pace for my .4 mile interval today