Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES brings to mind just one word (Read 38 times)

LRB

Waaaah!

What up doe!

Strength and core for me this morning as I attempt to clear my head from all the mead I drank this weekend.

How is your Monday not so fun day looking?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I haven't been checking this much while I was at a work conference from Weds night til last night, did I miss much?? I checked in pretty late last night, but for those who missed it, I ran a 10 mile race yesterday (played hooky from morning sessions at conference shhhh lol) as a long run, my last before my half, and it went reallllly well! I actually PRed by a minute, though my only other 10 mile race was also run as a training run so the PR doesn't mean much. And now..... taper time!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Race #22 for the year done on Saturday.  Report and photos here:   https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/b1a48b6d885e4972ae71ae0d91895822/resume#focus

Followed that up on Sunday by going to Lackland Air Force Base for a run/walk.  The weather was cloudy and threatening rain and at Mile 2 Mother Nature did start dumping rain on me.  Thankfully it was not an all-out downpour but a nice steady rain that actually felt pretty good in the very high humidity.  I got pretty darn soaked but was feeling really well and ended up with 5.5 miles.  I have not done 5 miles since last November when I did a 5-mile race back then.  Nice to know there still is a little bit of stamina left in the old dog.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

One word: SRD. Well I guess that's 3 words, but one acronym. Whatever.

Dave

happylily

If it's Monday, then it's rest day! Which of course for Pfitz means 10 at recovery. (insert some colorful swear words in French here). My legs feel like they are made of wood. They are incredibly sore. I will try rolling the stick on them, but I usually get bored of it pretty quickly and so never really benefit from it. But I will try again.

Oh, and it's election day here. Who should I vote for? Quick, tell me!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all!

6 or so slow, easy miles on tap for today. I'm looking forward to getting this week over with and starting taper - but there are 60+ miles between me and those two weeks of relative rest. Let's do it!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

Oh, and it's election day here. Who should I vote for? Quick, tell me!

Vote for the separatist candidate!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Not sure of what I'll do today, if I do anything.  Cutback week so I have several choices.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 6 miles in this morning between 3:30 and 4:35 AM, and then I was back to bed. Just now getting back up, I am tired. Sad news on AOL, Mickey Rooney passed away yesterday at 93 years old.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

3 Easy miles finished on the TM this morning. I was thinking about running outside, until I saw the paperboy bite it on the sidewalk. Nothing melting during the day and freezing at night. All of the snow should be melted by Wednesday, where we're forecasted to hit 72.

Today marks the start of the 4th (out of 4) section in Daniel's Plan, where things start winding down until my Marathon. I'll be running at 80%-70% peak miles for the next 3 weeks, then it's down to 60%, then race week.

- Andrew

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone, I'm working from home today. Ahhhh....

DH and I will be doing one of our group runs tonight. I love that he's so excited about the Monday and Thursday groups. I'll either do 3 or 5, depending on which route they do and what I feel like.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Zelanie

Hi everyone!  Just 5 tonight. Which reminds me, guess what animal I will get to see when I am in Costa Rica?

I thought they were little guys, but apparently they are the largest land mammal that lives there.

LRB

An ardvark?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Zel: That is a tapir.

Brrrr: I remembered your tip on the LR on race day but I couldn't pull it off.

Five easy miles and some strides later tonight. Redrum and I both wrote an RR on our 5k experience and FE from Saturday. Good times...

Happy Monday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I cannot see the picture from this computer but from LRB's comment, it sounds like an "oso hormiguero".

Damaris