Beginners and Beyond

Breakfast Special TuesDAILIES: 2 eggs, your choice of meat, hashbrowns and toast for $3.99 (Read 40 times)

LRB

'Sup crew!

Undeterred by the increasing morning darkness, I am about to hit the strip for 6 easy.  Of course it helps to have some really cool lighting effects in the form of the Nathan light spur (I have both colors, those things are rad).

Anyway, I also have an hour of red cord this afternoon at 1:00 pm, busy-busy.

So tell me yo, what appears in your daily planner for today?

From the Internet.

G'morning!

4.25 done, a little faster than I intended to run - ran a new loop and it was a bit longer than I expected, had to get home on time so DH could leave for the train station. Felt good, I suppose all the workouts that totaled 3+ miles of fast running have improved my ability to recover post-5K!

Question: how the heck do you race a 10K/pick a pace? Plugging my 5K into McMillan gives me a 10K equivalent of 49:01, I'm not sure that I'll hit that but I'd like to get close to 50. That shouldn't be unreasonable since I had a recent workout (progression run, it's marked as a tempo in my running log) where even with 2 slow warmup miles I hit the 10K mark in a little over 55 minutes. My thought was to run a couple of mile repeats this week to try to decide how fast to go out - maybe one at ~8:20, one at 8:00? - followed by a couple of fast 400s just because I like to finish up on a fast note my last pre-race workout.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I feel like shit, woohoo!  Pilates and 6 tonight.

Lauren, when I ran a 24:57, I ran a 51:25 10K, you can do it. I don't recall how that effort felt because of the asthma now but I remembered the second 5K loop felt like a 5K.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello, you people.  I am back at work after 10 days off.  Weaksauce.  Amazingly, it looks like nothing disastrous happened in my absence, I wasn't greeted with any emergencies that required immediate attention, and the only voicemail on my machine was my VP telling me I did a good job.  WTF is going on this morning?

I've got 7 or so easy miles tonight.  I did 7 last night and my legs were tired, no doubt a week of walking around plus a 10 mile race are to blame.  I've got a rather important HM Saturday.  Hope I recover in time.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hello, you people.  I am back at work after 10 days off.  Weaksauce.  Amazingly, it looks like nothing disastrous happened in my absence, I wasn't greeted with any emergencies that required immediate attention, and the only voicemail on my machine was my VP telling me I did a good job.  WTF is going on this morning?

I've got 7 or so easy miles tonight.  I did 7 last night and my legs were tired, no doubt a week of walking around plus a 10 mile race are to blame.  I've got a rather important HM Saturday.  Hope I recover in time.

Nothing exploded while you were out?  They don't need you!  I am sure they are happy to have you back.

Damaris

LRB

Run done, it was a nice one too.  Although it's not showing up in my pace I feel my old self coming back...emphasis on old.  lol

But dammit if I didn't forget my Garmin ANT thingy so now I cannot upload my stupid run.  I will thus not be able to stare needlessly endlessly at my log all day. Woe is me.

DavePNW

Yo, morning.

Strength intervals, last one of these. 3 mile warmup, 4x1.5 miles @ GMP-10 w/0.5 mile recoveries, 1.5 mile cooldown. 12 miles total.

Plan pace - 7:50, Actuals - 7:45, 7:36, 7:42, 7:30. Because why the hell not.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Weight training circuit after work yesterday.  3.1 miles this morning around the university campus.  Humid as all get-out in San Antonio this morning...78 degrees already, 92% humidity, dewpoint of 72, gaaaack.   Around Mile 2, I noticed the sprinklers were on to water the football practice field, so I did a nice dash down the field and through the sprinklers...very refreshing!

Last Sunday morning I did the 5K at the link below.  Very tragic circumstances for how this race was begun...the little girl it's named for, her mom, and her aunt (I think it was her aunt) got hit by a drunk driver....while they were standing in their own front yard, jeez!  Damn drunk drivers! 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/4c7d3e9d87b94330907f4237384aea23/resume#focus

So, Lauren, you got your run in...and then your DH started his TRAINING.     Congrats on your miles!

Morning. I feel like shit.  Yeah, but you still look great. Sorry you don't feel well, Damaris, hope you feel better.

and the only voicemail on my machine was my VP telling me I did a good job.  Maybe, Baboon, they were worried you might not come back all, so they're trying to be very nice to you.  Good luck with your miles tonight and hope your legs feel better.

You are FAR from old yet, LRB, you young whippersnapper.  When metamucil becomes your drink of choice, THEN you're old.   Don't be in a hurry to rush it.

Nice running, Dave!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Trying to drudge up pics of the race, the "professional" photographer group only had like 5 pics of me.... for $54 , it was like they were only at the finish this time whereas the last 3 years they had photographers in 5-6 different spots along the course. Oh well, found some other pics from other people that were taking some and I think I have a floater but I also notice how much I HATE the way I hold my arms, of course having no boobs seems to make it easier to hold them like that. You'll see what I mean

Hopefully a friend of mine has a couple others of me. I like my new shoes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oh, and Rocky and I got 5 easy miles in this morning. I am still feeling a bit sore but not bad.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oh, and Rocky and I got 5 easy miles in this morning. I am still feeling a bit sore but not bad.

Congrats on your race and to you and Rocky for your miles today.

Nothing wrong with those photos, you take a very good photo! I'd chase you any day!    Ummm...that 2nd photo....is that a shadow on your right leg just below the knee, or did you bruise it?  If it's a bruise, looks like you got a painful bump!  Owww....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Baboon: Welcome home. It sounds like you guys had a great trip.

DaveP: Nice run. Things appear to be shaping up nicely for your marathon.

FreeSoul: Nice pics. Smile

DD1 has a XC meet today so I will try for some miles at night, though I may take one more day off.  I had a deep tissue massage yesterday and he beat me up pretty badly. I had seven knots in my left calf where I have been having Achilles trouble so I hope the massage helped. It would be bad to go through all that pain for nothing, but man, it sure feels good after.

Zelanie

FS- Better to have your arms like that than sticking way out to the side like mine do!  I think your pics came out great!

I am heading to yet another dentist appointment this morning.  Still not really that sore.  And, oddly enough, my hips feel better than they have in months. 

I am working on a RR, but you know that I tend to turn even 5K reports into War and Peace, so it's taking a while.  I apologize in advance for the length.  It's helpful for me to think everything through.  Hopefully it will be up by tonight or tomorrow.

runninggirl30

Morning!    It's a nice sunny day here.  Wish I could run outside but I'm stuck on the TM.  3 again for me.  Was gonna go to the gym this morning but I don't feel like getting myself in presentable shape (yes I'm still in my p.j.'s).  I'll run and do some strength at home and I have to work at the gym tonight so I'll get in the rest of it then.   Have a great day all!

FreeSoul- very nice pics!!

outoftheblue

Good morning runners!  After closing the Dailies last night, I thought I'd better stick my nose in earlier today.  Of course, I have nothing to report but a SRD.  On the non-running front, I need to paint a little secondary shelter we built in the chicken yard and start tearing up the parts of the garden that have died back.  I can't believe fall is here.

FS -- nice pictures!

Life is good.