Beginners and Beyond

Whatabouts Wednesday Penguins (Read 21 times)

Amazonian Princess

Awood, will you be growing a Hulk'stache as part of your training plan? Big grin

I can. I will. I am. 

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I wish I could, but I don't think my job will allow it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Is anyone going to post a plank picture?  Or better yet, a video?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bacon: Big grin

Awood: My longest run on the plan, so far, was 13. This week it's 14 and next week 15. I just did my 5 recovery at 8:47 pace. It's weird, but my legs want to settle into my usual 8:20-8:30 pace and my brain has to tell them to slow down. I think it's harder running recovery pace than a tempo run.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

The other day She Can gave a link of a guy doing about 20 different planks.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The other day She Can gave a link of a guy doing about 20 different planks.

I know, but I was thinking of a Penguin Plank.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Sorry, Jerry, I can't help you there. I was hoping Traci would come through for us.Wink

SheCan

Jerry, I'll paint you a penguin on a plank.... will that work?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Bin Running

Haa..

Jerry, I only know 1 version and that this.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Sloooow.

Late night check-in. I did 4 miles of ralking early this afternoon, not completely sure of the breakdown but it was about 1.5 miles run, 1 mile walk, 1.5 miles run. I didn't cough once during, but I sure did afterwards. It doesn't help that last night I was watching Extreme Weight-Loss, and signed up for a 10K. Stupid show and it's horrible motivation. November 9th is the date, I will figure out some kind of plan. I'm not fast, I'm fat and slow, I just want to finish.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sure, doing  TOPP with right wing/left foot up.  lol

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Late night check-in. I did 4 miles of ralking early this afternoon, not completely sure of the breakdown but it was about 1.5 miles run, 1 mile walk, 1.5 miles run. I didn't cough once during, but I sure did afterwards. It doesn't help that last night I was watching Extreme Weight-Loss, and signed up for a 10K. Stupid show and it's horrible motivation. November 9th is the date, I will figure out some kind of plan. I'm not fast, I'm fat and slow, I just want to finish.

I'm right there with you on the 1.5m runs, Coralie.  You will finish that 10K in November.  Smile

SheCan

I watched that too, Coralie... it really does make me want to exercise too.  And I've seen you pic, and you're way, way way too hard on yourself.  I sure hope you're able to make it to your 10k.  Unless you get injured, you should be able to do it.  We're gonna cheer you all the way.  BTW, I've totally missed you!   Take care of yourself, and stop getting sick, and keep coming to see us!

Sure, doing  TOPP with right wing/left foot up.  lol

you sure are demanding, Jerry, but I think we could make that happen Joking

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson