Beginners and Beyond

Soaked Saturdailies (Read 22 times)

sdWhiskers

we got four inches of rain in the past 24 hours

sdWhiskers

That sucks. So took a quick glance at your log, have you tried dropping to 5 days? I found that I just could not recover between runs when I was doing 6 days. About the only way I can do a 6th day is when it is really easy, less than 30 minutes and doesn't really increase my weekly mileage. There's definitely some polarizing info out there about running (really any endurance work) and women as they get a bit older (yea, it sucks, hate all the certain age or whatever crap term is used). I try to emphasize quality over quantity. If it means the easy run aftere workout is 30 minutes and not even 3 miles, it is what it is.

It's something to think about. Typically, my day just goes better if I've run in the morning so I prefer the routine. And I'm basically the opposite of you--I'd rather run easy 7 days a week than harder/faster interval workouts. I basically despise running at 5K pace and faster 

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm barely into my 40s! I really feel like it's hormone related though. Like clockwork, every month on the day before my period, I feel Great! Like could run all day, super strong. But one day out of 30 is not enough 

That's when I starting notcing changes. Right around 40. I had increassed miles and my periods got closer together, PMS got worse, sleep sucked, gained weight looking at food, break outs and I am sure I am missing some other annoyances. I droped miles and some of this resolved for a while.

Day before my period, I can barely run and would be content to sleep all day. Oddly, my best sleep is now the first day pf my period. It's consistently my best sleep.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm barely into my 40s! I really feel like it's hormone related though. Like clockwork, every month on the day before my period, I feel Great! Like could run all day, super strong. But one day out of 30 is not enough 

Peri can start in the 30s! We all think this shit waits until we are in the 50s but no... I suspect I hit peri at 41-43. It can last 10 years. WHY?

Damaris

DavePNW

Like clockwork, every month on the day before my period, I feel Great! Like could run all day, super strong. But one day out of 30 is not enough 

But how awesome would it be if that coincided with race day! 

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Peri can start in the 30s! We all think this shit waits until we are in the 50s but no... I suspect I hit peri at 41-43. It can last 10 years. WHY?

Yep. So damn annoying. And apparently there can be 2 stages of peri. 2nd is when periods finally get spaced further apart. Not there yet.

sdWhiskers

But how awesome would it be if that coincided with race day! 

Yes!! Of course I already checked that out and no luck