Beginners and Beyond

A Penguin Walks Into A Weekend... (Read 29 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

PAD: WOW! Be careful out there. That looks crazy.

Sly: Hi.

Hi Pens. 5.3 miles for me and it's already hot. I am sick of summer and want it to end now. The rest of my day is breakfast, newspaper, chair, nap, English Premier League in no particular order.

That's right.

PADRunner

PAD

Which park is that?

I didn't have any storm until this morning.

Nice heavy drops very refreshing run.

Mike Lewis, the path and street that goes around the north end of the pond were both blocked with branches down. It came through about 5 yesterday.

Where did you run, River Legacy?

I guess the cell this morning stayed north of 30 and east of 360. It was pretty heavy 6:30 7:00 with brief 50 mph winds. Got stuck at the pavilion where Jeph starts his races.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad you took cover PAD.  That's a lot of damage.

Nice LRs Bin and D.

Now you get busy Robert?  I thought running was the "busy"      .

4 for us on the streets.  Kind of chilly, but the humidity heated us up fast.  Quick recovery from the Friday LR.  No knee pain, before, during, or after today's run.  27m for the week.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Mike Lewis, the path and street that goes around the north end of the pond were both blocked with branches down. It came through about 5 yesterday.

Where did you run, River Legacy?

I guess the cell this morning stayed north of 30 and east of 360. It was pretty heavy 6:30 7:00 with brief 50 mph winds. Got stuck at the pavilion where Jeph starts his races.

Ah, I have yet to run over at that one.

This morning I started at Heritage Creek and ran to River Legacy and back. Not a sight seeing tour since it is mostly along Green Oaks, but it is flat.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

PAD: WOW! Be careful out there. That looks crazy.

Sly: Hi.

Hi Pens. 5.3 miles for me and it's already hot. I am sick of summer and want it to end now. The rest of my day is breakfast, newspaper, chair, nap, English Premier League in no particular order.

That's right.

I said this in March.  Make it end!

Damaris

tracilynn

those trees were so pretty too! Bummer.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

I'm sick of summer too and our lowest high temp for the next 10 days is 90  -and up to 97 (without the heat Index so will be hotter).  I'm soooo over it But September is usually pretty hot here in AL too. It sounds like a "Fall" month but never feels like it.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm sick of summer too and our lowest high temp for the next 10 days is 90  -and up to 97 (without the heat Index so will be hotter).  I'm soooo over it But September is usually pretty hot here in AL too. It sounds like a "Fall" month but never feels like it.

September here is worse than August as well.  Ugh.

Damaris

Zelanie

PAD- Glad you are OK!  That looks scary!

I got in about 2:30 AM, then lazed about for a little way too long this morning, so I ended up running my first-ever 16 miler in the afternoon with full sun.  I figured it was about the same temps I was used to in Costa Rica, but it was hotter- 91 degrees when I got in (although to be fair there is less humidity, 59 degree dewpoint).  I kept pace for the first half, then stopped for a world-cup style "cooling break" (less than 5 minutes, since my watch didn't try to lock) and stiffened up and just shuffled in the rest of the way.  But I got it done!  And I am home.

Plus there were donuts waiting for me when I got back. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, donuts make everything feel alright, right?  Glad to hear you are back stateside!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Z - I'm glad you made it home safely.