Beginners and Beyond

Good Vibes Friday Dailies (Read 49 times)

LRB

Is there an actual coffee called Rocket Fuel? If so, where can I get it?

Bed Bath & Beyond or Amazon among other places.

LRB

Or what Boon said. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Two hours until we're (hopefully) on the road.... why does it seem like 2 hours is longer than freaking weeks or days?

Lily, you better make your redemption race the Monumental this Fall dang it  

Good luck racers!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hahaha....my current daily coffee cup literally has my HM PR plastered on the side of it.  That fool is going in the trash tomorrow, or at least to the back of the cabinet. Smile

I had to look at your sig to know why, Good luck and can't wait to hear how you crushed it in your RR!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

7 miles today. Feeling a lot of pre race anxiety.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Had yesterday off, have today off.  It's been kinda crazy, but fun.  My  running started on Wednesday night after work. First, our local area had a big storm - lightning, thunder, really pouring down rain - but it cleared out right in time for my run/walk, nice, Mother Nature is watching out for me.  Did 3.2 miles in a local park and felt mucho better than my sluggish run on Tuesday at lunch time.  The air, however, after the storm, was thicker than molasses - humidity near 100%, dewpoint in the 70s, temp near 80, gaaack!   Same thing for Thursday morning for my run at Lackland Air Force Base with a couple of my also-retired Air Force buddies.  Even so, we all felt pretty good and got in a fairly strong run/walk of 42 minutes, and even did a bit of 'hill work" by crossing over 3 of the pedestrian overpasses on the base.  After that we showered and changed at the gym and then all went to one of the local Fiesta festivals where we worked as volunteers for a couple of hours...and got free beer too, nice!    Now it's Friday and we had a helluva storm early this morning, thunder, lightning, power knocked out for a short while.  Non-running day for me, but I went around and got my packets for my three races this weekend:  one in the a.m. on Saturday, one in the p.m. on Saturday, and an a.m. one on Sunday.  Thankfully, the storms are supposed to pay out tonite and Saturday is supposed to be a really lovely day - although it WILL be near 90 degrees Saturday evening for my p.m. event.  No worries cuz there will be cold beer at the finish! 

So look forward to a few race reports from me by Sunday, accompanied of course with lots of photos.  The Saturday PM event photos should be lots of fun because this is a Fiesta race and lots of folks run in costume wearing that one.

Today I am just chillin', staying out of the rain and resting my legs up for my weekend miles.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Two hours - 7 miles, including two 10-second test jogs - on the rail trail. Beautiful out there this morning!

I wish I had brought a decent camera, especially since I was only walking - could have gotten much better photos than these from my phone.

Below are two of three bald eagles I saw - one of them flew directly over me earlier in the walk - taking off from a tree right beside the trail and not 10 feet away. I saw about two dozen different kinds of birds: blue jays, cardinals, chickadees, a sandhill crane, Canada geese, blue-winged teal, hooded mergansers, red-winged blackbirds, a goldfinch, sparrows and others I couldn't identify, along with signs of some literally busy beavers - one had taken down a tree that blocked half the trail.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Two hours - 7 miles, including two 10-second test jogs - on the rail trail. Beautiful out there this morning!

I wish I had brought a decent camera, especially since I was only walking - could have gotten much better photos than these from my phone.

Great pics nonetheless, where was this?

PRs

StepbyStep-SH

Great pics nonetheless, where was this?

It is the Great River Trail - a rail-trail bike trail in southwest Wisconsin. It is just a couple miles from my house, and runs north and south for just over 13 miles, almost all of it through wildlife refuge  and some farmground, then you can connect from there to a network of another 70+ miles of rail-trail that goes east through the center of Wisconsin.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

7 miles today. Feeling a lot of pre race anxiety.

And to think you have a week to go even battier.

Nice pics Step!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

DW is tapering for a non-goal HM...  She is convinced this taper isn't working. Not feeling good, not feeling refreshed etc etc...

I pace her every morning and note: her average 'easy' pace has increased 40 seconds this week...  yeah I think it is working.   

outoftheblue

Lots of folks counting down to their races.  Good luck everyone!

I am sore, sore, sore from my massage yesterday.  There is not a muscle in my butt and hips that doesn't feel sore.  So, a complete rest day for me.  I'm hoping to start stretching and strengthening tomorrow and maybe a short run on Sunday.

Life is good.

B-Plus

SRD. My Boston RR is ready to be posted. I think I may get suckered into buying a photo as well.

GinnyinPA

Step - what a great place to walk and run.  Miles and miles of flat through nature.  Sweet.

Cyberic

I pace her every morning and note: her average 'easy' pace has increased 40 seconds this week...  yeah I think it is working.   

Yeah! Way to go Mrs Sly!

6 x (4 min H w/3 min E). My last Vo2Max session of this cycle. Pretty soon I'll shift into marathon training. Still don't know if I'm going to follow a plan, and if so, if I'll go Hansons or Pfitz. I'm also considering training going on a self-made, change as you go schedule, with a goal miles per week, a percentage of those miles at MP or faster, one long run, one or two HMP or faster workouts (I like Daniels Tempo speed which is kinda 10K speed). But for now, I gotta get this 5K thing done, and done well (hopefully).