Beginners and Beyond

Hoppy Sundailies (Read 48 times)

DavePNW

Dave

LRB

I've been eating like I ran 20 miles. Does that count? Smile

This crew has spoiled you rotten. lol

onemile

I ran 18 with a fast finish.  I couldn't get my pace quite as fast as the last one because the second half was into a pretty strong headwind. But my overall pace was a lot faster.

Cyberic

Checked your log onemile. Quite a workout. I'd be dead tired.

LRB

I ran 18 with a fast finish.  I couldn't get my pace quite as fast as the last one because the second half was into a pretty strong headwind. But my overall pace was a lot faster.

That run was insane yo!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I actually injured my groin on the red cord my first time there.  I was doing a simple side-lying adductor move that should have been pretty uneventful, except that with my fickle ass you just never know which body part is going to break. lol

It is nowhere near where it was at its worst, but it has proven to be a tall order to get it 100% again. Nicole feels responsible for it but it is not her fault, I am a potpourri of muscle imbalances!

On your other comment about core work, the word core gets tossed around loosely but it is more than just the stomach muscles. It is your glutes, hips, abs, groin, and part of the back as well. All these things come together to form your core and work as one, so if there is a weakness in one of them then technically you have a weak core.

Oski, Marj and D would know more about it but that is pretty much the gist of it.

Think of core as your center. So gluts, abs, low back.  Some of the inner thigh, hip

in other news I completed even more yard work. My pups supervised.  All the digging and pulling out 15 year old boxwoods, stone boarders planting etc. I'm one big bug bite. Some contact dermatitis but it is fading.  I didn't plant anything I was allergic to but some things can still set it off. Plus it was windy. I'm allergic to Azaleas flowers and they are in bloom everywhere so maybe that. Meh. I will just sit here trying not to scratch.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice run!

Damaris

onemile

Checked your log onemile. Quite a workout. I'd be dead tired.

I AM!

B-Plus

LRB

I AM!

Time to eat, drink and get married then. lol

onemile

Time to eat, drink and get married then. lol

Unfortunately, I ASU prior to my run at Easter brunch!

But I will be happy to have a break from the long run for a little bit at least. Taper time. My LR next week is just 14 

LRB

My LR next week is just 14 

Perspective is a mofo isn't it? You could run 14 backwards while balancing your checkbook at this point!

DavePNW

Checked your log onemile. Quite a workout. I'd be dead.

Dave

outoftheblue

Good grief, that's fast.

Life is good.

cjones1

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)